Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

AnnaC

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

Supernatural, on the CW, Thursdays at 9pm. Anybody else watch this show?

I remember back in 2005 when this was being launched but for some reason never really caught an episode. Over the last couple of months I've been able to watch it--and now I'm hooked! I love this show. I love the brother's banter, but most especially that they'd do anything for each other. I love the way the writer's revisit urban legends--Winchester style, and tease us with snippets of info on Sam and Dean's past, slowly unlocking the mystery surrounding them. Plus, the cool 67 Impala with a trunk that's a weapons stash, and classic rock in the background. Now I'm hearing that the CW will remove it from their line-up by the end of February, but not cancel it. What?! *cries*

http://cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/about

Last edited by a moderator:

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with the writers' strike or there's only so many legends they can do before repeating themselves.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm hearing that the CW will remove it from their line-up by the end of February, but not cancel it. What?! *cries*

It's most likely due to the writer's strike. If it aired in the fall, then it's almost out of episodes, if not out already. And many shows that were supposed to premiere in January and February are getting delayed openings, since they don't have enough episodes to run.

Fox The Cave

I get cancer. I kill Jack.
Registered
Reaction score
Supernatural is an excellent show - you really have to watch it from the beginning to appreciate it though. One of the most unsung shows on TV right now - Supernatural thrives on this brillian atmosphere that its created. And the fact that Sam and Dean Winchester are extremely enjoyable to watch - great characters.

AnnaC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Supernatural has 3-4 new episodes left that will be aired starting the last week of January. I kind of figured that due to the writer's strike, there wouldn't be any new ones for a while, just like you guys said. What irks me is that after those episodes, the CW is completely removing the show from their schedule--no reruns at all! Instead, they're sliding a second week showing of 'Reaper' in that time slot. I'd love to see repeats of Supernatural until the writer's strike ends and not a double dose of a show I don't even watch.

Ah, well. I guess there's always youtube.

Allynegirl

Wax the Cat
Registered
Reaction score
I would also say it has to do with the writer's strike.

I own Seasons 1 & 2 of Supernatural (never saw it on TV, heard great reviews of it though) and am hooked. I will be really depressed if it gets cancelled anywhere in the near future!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I used to watch Supernatural when it first started. I loved that show, but I've lost track of it when it went from UPN to whatever its called now. Plus I was DVRing it, but our DVR died and I forgot to reset it up for that show. What nights is it on now?

jedimaster107

Registered
Reaction score
From what i was told, there were only like maybe 8-10 (it was a low number) of episodes filmed and the rest of the season in production. I loved stuff like this. i got hooked when i watched the first episode online the day before it started. The only thing i don't like is the whole "wanted by the FBI" crap. sounds like the conspiracy thing from the Xfiles.

Speaking of the CW, anyone watches Smallville? I don't have TV and relay on DVD's to catch my shows.

Fox The Cave

Registered
Reaction score
"But aren't they wanted because of things they have done, like false identities, impersonating officers, and such?"

Yep, and it really helps show you just how unappreciated Sam and Dean are. Despite the fact that they're constantly putting their own lives on the line, Sam and Dean are absolutely alone in the world. As of the end of Season Two, their entire family is dead, they're at war with the Demons, they're being hunted by the FBI, and to top it all of they're actually mistrusted and hunted by their fellow hunters (after they started to become suspicious of Sam).

Its an ironic twist of fate - the shows hunters are being hunted by just about everyone.

Supernatural is loaded with great, subtle little ironies and such.

AnnaC

Registered
Reaction score
4th Season for Supernatural!

YES!!

CW announces early pickups

Early pickups are always happy news -- especially if your favorite TV shows are among those getting the renewal. So, today's announcement that Smallville, Supernatural, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model and the sitcom Everybody Hates Chris are all returning to the CW next season is a reason to smile.

Supernatural will be back for a fourth season on Thursday nights, continuing to run alongside Smallville.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/03/cw-announces-early-pickups/

AnnaC

Registered
Reaction score
Season Four!

Tonight's the night! Yes!

Season 4 starts tonight (9/8c) with the episode "Lazarus Rising". I can't wait and my whole family will be glued in front of the TV to watch! :)

For those interested, below the spoiler space I'm adding a teaser about tonight's episode. It's already been revealed, but for those that don't want to know, don't read any further!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

!

From the CW Episode Guide:

It's four months later and Dean (Jensen Ackles) wakes in a pine box. He's been freed from Hell. He has a joyful reunion with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Bobby (Jim Beaver), but it isn't long before the three wonder what exactly pulled Dean from Hell and what it will want in return.

http://cwtv.com/shows/supernatural

Last edited:

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
It's a fine show.

Disclaimer -- I know one of the producers and his wife, who wrote a couple of episodes -- an old friend of mine. They haven't asked me to write an episode though, despite some not so subtle hints.

Idahobo

The Eskiminja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thegeekbeat.blogspot.com
I'll admit Supernatural is a bit a guilty pleasure of mine, or at least was. I'll have to catch up, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

On a humorous side note, I have a friend who is looking to get rid of his box set of season one because it scares his wife. Not the show, just the box for some reason.

Fox The Cave

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode of Season 4...

...so fucking good. Can't wait to see more, they'v really set the tone for the rest of the season. I'm interested with they do with Ruby now - though i'm gonna miss Katie Cassidy, the new actress is gonna have to grow on me. The ending left me gagging for more.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I love this show, definitely one of my "must see". I first started watching it because I thought it would be like Buffy, which is my all-time favorite show. But they were very different. Supernatural is much darker, and I love the relationship between Sam and Dean. Very talented actors, and beautifully woven characters. I was a fan of Jenson Ackles when he was on Days of Our Lives when I was in high school. In this show, he proves he is more than just a cheesy, cookie-cutter soap hunk. Dan Winchester is one of the most interesting and complex characters I have seen in a long time.

Last edited:

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode of Season 4...

...so fucking good. Can't wait to see more, they'v really set the tone for the rest of the season. I'm interested with they do with Ruby now - though i'm gonna miss Katie Cassidy, the new actress is gonna have to grow on me. The ending left me gagging for more.

Great first ep...I was sitting on the edge of my seat, and every question answered just created 5 more questions. Love this show. And I was so excited to see a new Ruby! Not just because I enjoy the character, but she was replaced by Genevieve Cortese, of a recently cancelled show I watched (I think she was unknown before that show, Wildfire on ABC Family). She is a great actress and I think she will bring much to the character of Ruby.

Fox The Cave

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else think that a Ruby and Sam relationship would make sense? While Sam stated he isn't sure if he could trust her, they're shown talking fairly casually and Ruby's dialogue was a lot softer than usual around Sam in the first episode. Plus, with Sam's demon blood she's probably one of the only chicks in the world he could relate to and identify with these days. Plus, she was in her panties when Dean barged in on Sam. What were Sam and Ruby doing with Ruby in her panties...?;)

But Dean would most certainly not be too happy with that...

Over in Egypt, I can't see the second episode 'till Sunday, if i'm lucky. God damn you Yankee's for not immediately uploading it to Limewire!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, Sam and Ruby had the tryst.

I started watching it last season and have kept up with it. I wondered when they'd get around to adding the 'good guys' and the writers did.

Angels.

Not the fluffy type either. Some of them refer to humans as 'mud-monkeys' and they aren't always pleased about having to help the Winchesters out. Makes me wonder if I should be rooting for the demons.

Fox The Cave

Registered
Reaction score
Now we've seen some of Sam's time while Dean was gone, i'd like to see what Dean was up to in hell...

Seriously, this show just goes from strength to strength.

I'm also extremely interested to see how the Ruby/Sam relationship continues, if it does. While it may just be sexual, and plain old non existant since Dean's been back, its obviously gonna effect things in episodes to come.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first ever episode when it first came out but for some reason the show didn't grab me and I never watched another one...until last week. I started planning to watch a few minutes just to see how it was now and am now hooked. So this weekend I'm buying season 1 so I can start the long process of catching up.
If last weeks episode is typical then I'll be watching from now on.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
I bought the box sets of the first two seasons but haven't gotten the third season yet. I generally buy DVD of most shows since I don't bother getting cable, seeing as it would go to waste for the most part. Besides, it interferes with my book budget....

Needless to say, I love this show for the way the brothers are portrayed, their relationship and the way the show does the urban legends.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
Okay so I finally got season 1. I've watched the first 3 episodes already. Why do I always take so long to catch on to good shows? :Shrug:

Anyway great show!

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
OKay I dont want to spoil it for those of you still catching up, but I have to share this. Dean and the angel?!?!?!?!?! If I were a writer (hahaha) I totally know what direction I'd take that plot line. It's possible. She wasn't an angel at the time and susceptible to all human stuff right? Colds,....other things. Oh yeah, I would be fearless and totally write it in that direction.