Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Season 12 went surprisingly fast. I didn't fastforward much, but I did do other things while it was playing. Strangely the main plot is kind of a blur. There were a lot of very bad brits and some that were not so bad and they all died and apparently that made the UK sink into the ocean, story over. Funny watching so much (about 2-3 hrs a day?). I'd never say that Ackles was a great actor, but he seems a master thespian alongside Padalecki, who never heard a silence or caught himself in a close up that he didn't think could be improved with several grunts and a lot of facial tics.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Just passing this along ... I don't have a pic or a link, so you'll just have to trust me.

The local school district is having its spring art show, with students' works on display in the public library. I get my free WiFi at the library, and usually just glance at the art on my way to the computers. Yesterday, though, I spotted one that stopped me. 7th grader Trinity Roth (swear to Chuck, that's the name on the picture) submitted a cute little anime-style drawing of Castiel eating a hamburger. I know it's him because she gave him a halo, and the blue eyes and trench coat are dead giveaways.

So somebody out there is still enjoying the show. Or maybe she just thinks Misha's adorable. I certainly can't argue with her there. Two other students, both male, made drawings honoring the Joker. Make of that what you will.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
2018 SUPERNATURAL SEASON END PREDICTIONS (and possible spoilers)

Hey, everybody! Although “everybody” at this point is pretty much Calla, me, and Noizchild, that isn’t going to stop me from making my annual predictions for Supernatural’s season finale. After all, one of my predictions from last year did come true, after a fashion: Mary ended up going on the run with Jack in tow. This got them both out of the storyline for weeks at a time, something else I predicted.

What could stop me is this year’s big spoiler, and how it affects the finale. Or maybe doesn’t.

These forecasts are always tricky, because in recent seasons the show’s gotten into the habit of throwing us curve balls in the season ender that were never foreshadowed in any of the preceding twenty-two episodes (the Mark of Cain/Darkness connection; the British Men of Letters; alternate universes). It’s like trying to predict the outcome of a golf tournament, only to have the players reach the 18th green and suddenly start playing soccer. That’s where the spoiler comes in.

Jensen Ackles has stated that, after 13 seasons, he’s finally going to play a character other than Dean on the show. That’s going to happen in the finale, and the repercussions could carry over into next season. It’s been hinted this is a character we’ve seen before. Jensen said he’s been doing research, and I’ve seen leaked photos of “Dean” in clothing from an earlier era. (I tried to find the site again, to provide a link, but no sign of the pics. Maybe they were forced to take them down.) Time travel? Another last-minute non sequitur plot swerve? A red-herring flashback? I wouldn’t put anything past the show at this point. Maybe he’s playing a younger version of Dr. Charles Emerson Winchester from M*A*S*H. If ever a character epitomized the Men of Letters…

Copyright infringement shoots that theory down. And those photos shoot down any theory I had percolating about how this season could wrap up. I couldn’t come up with a single idea that would account for those photos and how they relate to the current storyline. So I’m just going to ignore them and plunge ahead anyway. What follows is pure speculation fueled by caffeine. Some could be right, most will be wrong. We’ll find out on Thursday.

I’d already figured Michael and Lucifer would team up. That happened last week. From the previews, it looks like Luci and Mike make it over to our side. (They could pool their graces and open a rift without depleting either.) What about the angel army? We’ll get to that in a sec.

The freedom fighters face off against the archangels and get their asses kicked. Dean, acting on his own as usual, goes to the Cage and says yes to “our” Michael. Fight fire with fire and all. The previews showed Dean attacking Michael of Earth 2. He may not be Dean at that point. It looks like our side might just see victory—

Until Lucifer turns on Michael-2 and kills him with the archangel blade. Betcha never saw that coming.

Then Luci grabs Dean/Michael, drains his grace, and opens a rift to allow the angel army from Apocalypse World to invade Earth.

That’ll be the storyline for next season, or at least half of it. The showrunners said years ago they wanted to hit 300 episodes, which would fall at about the halfway point of season 14. That milestone’s now in sight. Next season will be Our Heroes dealing with the angel invasion, building toward the big finish in #300. The second half of the season will be the show winding down and tying off loose ends. Or there may be no second half. They may decide to go out with a bang, with #300 as the series ender. After all, they only said the show was renewed for a 14th season. They never said it would be a full season. At least the influx of angels will solve Heaven’s power problem.

Meanwhile, back at the season finale, Lucifer kills the weakened Dean/Michael. Jack could probably bring one of them back. They decide on Dean (shocker). Just as well; if Michael and Lucifer get into a fight, that’s the Apocalypse. Been there, done that, Sam got the T-shirt. Let’s bring back the helpless human. He’s bound to come up with something.

Only Dean’s not in Heaven. He’s in the Empty. I seem to recall Billie talking about that in one episode, how the boys have screwed up the natural order so often this is their punishment after death, consignment to eternal emptiness. Fortunately, Cas has been there and can give the gang pointers. Jack wakes up Dean’s spirit, Rowena does a spell, and someone gets yanked back into Dean’s body.

They should not have let Rowena do the spell.

Picture this for the cliffhanger: Dean awakens. The gang crowds around him. He looks up at them, grins, and says, “Hello, boys.”

This theory has actually been set up on the show. We know Rowena wants her Fergus back. If Cas or Billie spills the beans about the Empty being the resting place for angel and demon spirits, she’ll find out where he is. Bringing Crowley back works for her on another level. She can get her son to kill Sam—the man she knows is destined to kill her. Having his own brother do the deed is just sweet icing on the cake. Two birds, one stone.

Meanwhile, Dean’s soul is still trapped in the Empty, and his body is now occupied. Bet Cas would volunteer to host it until they can evict Crowley from Dean. That would be a blast to watch: Jensen playing Mark Sheppard playing Crowley, while Misha plays Jensen playing Dean. Until they bring in a new actor (actress?) to play host to Crowley, probably around the third or fourth episode of season 14. Oh, if only they had the budget to hire David Tennant …

None of this explains the photos I described. Too bad. And if any of this turns out to be right, I’m having Chinese this year.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Your theories are better than the actual show! I always look forward to them.

I live-tweet the show for The Horror Honeys, and a couple of my predictions tally with yours. I didn't know about Jensen's teaser or see the pics. I would LOVE to see the meatsuit mashup you describe. Maybe the writers read this thread...

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Without spoilers, let me just say this: Pterofan, yours would've been better.

I'm only snarkily pleased that one of my predictions was correct. May 14 be the final season, please.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
"Before"? Try "because."

Thanks, Calla. I like my version better too.

That little bit before the recap was cute. I started to get worried when they dismissed their army of extras and guest stars with a couple of lines of dialogue. And then they went back to hunting? What happened to “we need to find a way to beat Michael”? Guess we won’t get the angel invasion either. I forgot to figure budgetary restrictions into my predictions.

Although that shot of Dean with angel wings was pretty cool. And Castiel didn’t die this season. That always makes me happy.

Those photos I was talking about? They were from that bit right at the end. Turns out they were a red herring after all.

Why am I still watching this? Oh yeah. Misha. And Jared. I’ve always liked tall men.

Soooo … who wants to bet on how long Season 14 will run with this storyline before they snap back to the status quo? The “Year of the Deanmon” lasted three episodes. Cas came back from the dead last year in four. I give it three before they’re back to saving people and hunting things. Then it’s weeks of filler until they get close to episode 300, when Chuck will come back and wrap everything up. Yawn. At least give us Cas in a Hawaiian shirt. Something to make me smile.

I’m going to spend my Thursday nights on my own stories, where I can do whatever I want and not have to stick to a budget. First up: a paranormal romance series about vampire slayer cowboys in Texas who find feisty gals to form threesomes with. That should keep me glued to the keyboard. Enjoy the summer, folks!

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it's ever been more obvious that this show doesn't have a budget anymore, even for the episodes that they'd normally save up for by cutting corners in other episodes.

Lucifer finally dropping his cover in the bunker was worth the rest of the episode but man, I can't believe we're back here with a storyline that was put to bed 10 YEARS ago. I don't think I can watch weekly next year. May just need to let them pile up and binge through it toward the end.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
"Before"? Try "because."

Thanks, Calla. I like my version better too.

That little bit before the recap was cute. I started to get worried when they dismissed their army of extras and guest stars with a couple of lines of dialogue. And then they went back to hunting? What happened to “we need to find a way to beat Michael”? Guess we won’t get the angel invasion either. I forgot to figure budgetary restrictions into my predictions.

Although that shot of Dean with angel wings was pretty cool. And Castiel didn’t die this season. That always makes me happy.

Those photos I was talking about? They were from that bit right at the end. Turns out they were a red herring after all.

Why am I still watching this? Oh yeah. Misha. And Jared. I’ve always liked tall men.

Soooo … who wants to bet on how long Season 14 will run with this storyline before they snap back to the status quo? The “Year of the Deanmon” lasted three episodes. Cas came back from the dead last year in four. I give it three before they’re back to saving people and hunting things. Then it’s weeks of filler until they get close to episode 300, when Chuck will come back and wrap everything up. Yawn. At least give us Cas in a Hawaiian shirt. Something to make me smile.

I’m going to spend my Thursday nights on my own stories, where I can do whatever I want and not have to stick to a budget. First up: a paranormal romance series about vampire slayer cowboys in Texas who find feisty gals to form threesomes with. That should keep me glued to the keyboard. Enjoy the summer, folks!

I'm watching Grey's on Thursdays.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
They're only running 20 episodes this season. I'm not sure what that signifies. Hopefully it means not so much filler.

I was going to predict for episode #300 they'd bring back John, but then I heard somewhere it might be more meta/retrospective instead. I'm voting for clip show.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
opinionated opinion: I hate clip shows. They always look to me like a cheap out when they have no new ideas.

extremely opinionated opinion: Clips from the early seasons will merely highlight the steady decline of the show's creativity.

/opinionated opinions

Although watching The Boys grow from baby-faced hotties into adult hotties is fun.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I would love, love, love for Crowley to have his own show. I mean, they found a way to bring Bobby back, why not him?

Also, the women have a great bond and I think they're show should be given more time.

There's a lot of options for the Supernatural World but the boys need to be set free. It's time for them to finally have that life with a family they've always wanted. Perhaps they'll meet a pair of sisters who hunt and they hit it off?