Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Called that one. Three episodes in and Dean's (apparently) Michael-free and he and Sam are back to hunting again. From last night's preview, looks like the filler begins next week. Mike still hasn't possessed Nick, but I'll bet that's coming. When that happens, I'm going to dust off my prophet's license and start buying lottery tickets.

Half the time I can't even predict how my own storylines will turn out with this amount of accuracy. That shows how wrong this is.

In quasi-related news, the "'Good Omens' on Amazon" thread reports David Tennant will be playing Crowley on the Amazon series based on the Pratchett/Gaiman book. He would have been my choice to play a revived Crowley on SPN. Great minds think alike. ;)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Whenever I tire of a show, I don't hope it's cancelled. If everyone had to watch only what I liked, there would be no anime. Where I grew up, anime and samurai soap operas were all that were on television. I didn't care for either. Still don't.

Diversity of tastes make the story-telling world go around. I'd never pray fervently for someone else's favorite to be cancelled because I'm over it. I simply don't watch it. And guess what? Having a show I don't watch or care about continue has no effect whatsoever on my life.

TedTheewen, I read an interview with a network official who said that as long as the main characters will keep doing the show, they'll keep renewing. That day will come at some point, but I don't think this is the last season. I also know bupkis about how they make their decisions because almost every show I like when the new seasons premiere are cancelled. So, there's that.

:Thumbs:

Last edited:

mewellsmfu

Registered
Reaction score
I did. It was quite entertaining. Great post, Pterofan.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Looks like we're in for filler eps until right before the mid-season break.

They don't have a way to kill Michael? What happened to the archangel blade? Last time we saw it, Dean was killing Lucifer with it. So if Dean still had it when Michael took him over, that means Michael had it and probably stashed it somewhere so it couldn't be used against him. So maybe they don't have a way to kill Michael. Any other show, I'd call that good plotting. Here, any more, it might just be dumb luck.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I think come 2/7, they will have brought everybody back who died.

Also, did anyone else hope that Michael's rant about Chuck's writing plus the Reaper giving Dean the only book with a different ending mean that they're writing The End to the series this season? Please please please!

Otherwise, I quite liked this episode. :eek: First like for me in years.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I was thinking along the same lines, Calla Lily, what with that book and [SPOILERS AHOY] John coming back in a few episodes, and Michael "locked" inside Dean but clawing to get out . . . But I'm just not sure, because the tone doesn't quite feel like "we're winding down towards the end" even though some of the plot points are there. They don't have that many episodes left to make this THE END. Though let's be real, they have the elements to end it anytime they want, what with angels and demons and God and even DEATH kicking around their world.

And real-world wise, they haven't prepped us for The End. It would be a bit of a shock if they just ended it without lots of, like, interviews and images and "the journey so far" montages and stuff. I have a feeling that there'll be one more season if the CW renews, and I imagine it will. Surely that will be the end for real.

Maybe that one last season can be short, like 8 or 10 episodes that are all endgame.

[Some thoughts on what's in that book: Probably something to do with him or Sammy (or both) having to die. Or perhaps Sammy having to let Lucifer back in, so we have Michael and Lucifer both on the loose, but the boys jump into the Cage or something? I dunno. But whatever is in that book is clearly BAD.]

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I forgot about Jo, Ellen, and Ash.

And yes: the book says Sam lets Lucifer in, Dean lets Michael out. and the two of them destroy the world.

And then Chuck starts a new book. But I think you're right. There hasn't been the social media and entertainment hoopla that would indicate this is the last season.

Last edited:

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm in agreement on all points here. One more season (or half-season) to clean everything up. A half-season isn't a bad idea, because then we wouldn't have to sit through 10-12 filler episodes.

And who says Sam has to let Lucifer in? Nick's still out there, pining for his old archangel bunkmate. Maybe all the books where Dean dies as Michael have him fighting the Nick version of Lucifer ... except for that one where Dean lives, because Mike possesses Nick and Sam takes in Lucifer to stop him, and then they kill each other, leaving Dean without his brother. Yeah, Dean would see that as Bad with a capital B, all right.

Personally, I took Michael's speech about Chuck as the writers taking a jab at Kripke for abandoning his creation after season 5. But that's just me. ;)

I liked this episode too, more than I have a lot of the recent ones. Although I had to wonder why they didn't drain off some of Michael's grace to weaken him while they had him chained and helpless. You never know when a vial of that stuff might come in handy.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*sigh* They got renewed.

ETA: Tonight was filler. The Boys' impassioned arguments could've been lifted from seasons 3 (Dean's deal) and 5 (Sam taking Lucifer into the pit) without effort. I muted most of it.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Well, now we know how Jeffrey Dean Morgan will juggle TWD and being John Winchester again.

Characters still to be brought back:
Jo
Ellen
Jessica
Ash

Last edited: