Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
:hooray: I was going to announce that, but you beat me to it.

Though we won't see any further developments because the show went on hiatus again until early March. But what a nice heapin' helpin' of cliffhangers, huh?

Still wondering how resurrected Cas got his body back so fast, considering Sam and Dean burned it.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Skip ahead to the most recent, the Scooby-Doo episode. Let it remind you just how gosh-darn fun this show can be when it wants to.

(Personally, I suspect there was an unaired scene where Scooby, Shaggy and Cas slipped outside to the Mystery Machine and got into Shaggy's stash. That would explain why Cas was so happy at the end. ;) )

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
I don't mind spoilers. I'm on the last episode of the Amara season. God/Chuck reappeared the episode before last. I fastforwarded through several parts of the werewolf episode prior to that; I'm more interested in the grand arc. Of course, I did enjoy the gay hunters. As an aside, I've discovered that despite my atheism, I'm annoyed that God characters (God, Amara) are shown to require either elaborate flailing of the arms or cutesy twitching of the fingers (a la Bewitched) to produce "magic". Shouldn't they simply will reality to be as they wish it?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Okay, spoilers. Not everything, because the seasons are blurring together. I wish they'd cancel it.

Amara's thank-you gift to Dean was to bring back Mary Winchester. The woman FINALLY gets tp wear something other than that white nightgown she was torched in. She gets her feet back under her about when the British Men of Letters arrive. They're absolute gits, every one of them. They love torture and Sam gets the brunt. They want to eradicate the American MoL because Americans are so primitive. They brainwash Mary but she breaks free of it and much satisfactory killing occurs.

Lucifer breaks free of prison. I think Rowena did it, and then he ganks her. He inhabits a few different meatsuits and does the nasty with a GF of one of the meatsuits. She gets pregnant, which means--nephilim ahoy! EVERYBODY goes after her to either off here before the baby arrives or to protect her. Castiel wins her trust and protects her until she gives birth and dies.

Nephilim have accelerated growth rates, because about 3 minutes after the birth Jack (the kid) is an adolescent. Sam and Dean bring Jack to the Lair and the usual back-and-forth happens for several episodes. Same wants to give Jack a chance because of Sam's own history with demon blood, and Dean wants to gank the kid before he goes darkside.

EVERYBODY wants Jack. Including Asmodeus, the new king of Hell. Lucifer's imprisoned again (I think) and Jack (now about 16) does a masterful job of teenage angst. Also, don't make Jack angry. You won't like Jack when he's angry.

A rift between words has appeared. Lucifer drags Mary into it. Alt-earth is gray and sepia toned and it's not a happy place. Michael is alive there and immediately fights Lucifer, putting him and Mary into iron cages and--surprise--torturing them. Sam, Dean, and Jack use a new character's power to create a rift and jump through it. Only Jack ends up where Lucifer and Mary are; Sam and Dean end up in a jungle-type world.

Jack frees Mary. Lucifer got free, but I don't recall how. On alt-Earth the angels are still dicks. Bobby is alive there and leading the war against them. Sam and Dean get back to regular earth. Asmodeus is still trying to get Jack into his clutches and he reveals a ringer: Gabriel in a cell with his mouth sewn shut. There's also a new prophet, whose character name continually escapes me. He's fun, but of course he loses it and goes rogue.

Now the guys are gathering magical artifacts to...do something...but I can't remember what. Also, Rowena resurrected herself because magic. She manipulated Sam and he gave her a page from a spell book which she used to make herself all glowing blue and super-powerful.

After Rowena's spell and Gabriel's prison glimpse we haven't seen anything of them.

Pterofan knows everything I've missed, I'm sure.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Calla, you did fine. That about sums it up.

A couple of side points:

Billie the reaper is Death now. She told Dean the Winchesters won't be dying for good for a while, so that plot point may be off the table.

Castiel was killed by Lucifer, but he got better.

Jack's powers fluctuate with the needs of the plot, so don't expect much from him at this point.

Jim Beaver continues to make guest appearances even though Bobby died several seasons ago.

I want them to visit an alternate reality where Destiel is canon, but that's just me.

Season 14 is already confirmed. Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.

Last edited:

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
I stopped watching after season 8, but did tune back in this week because Scooby. :) I do kind of miss the boys, but I don't think anything short of Dean finally coming out as canon bisexual (ideally via bringing back Benny :LilLove:) would actually get me watching again.

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
i do kind of miss the boys, but I don't think anything short of Dean finally coming out as canon bisexual (ideally via bringing back Benny :LilLove:) would actually get me watching again.

OMG BENNY. I can't even express how crushing that loss was for me.

If they are going to keep having dead people from PossiblyActualWorld turn up alive in PossiblyAlternateSepiaWorld, they need to bring back ALL the dead people, including Benny.

In PossiblyAlternateSepiaWorld, I also want Charlie Bradbury to be massively honked-off and super-stabby because she deserves better than the send-off she got. And also, Missouri Moseley (*scoffs at Dean's EMF*: "Amateur.") One of the best one-liners of the entire series. Pisses me off greatly that they brought that awesome character back twelve years later only to kill her off without any real purpose.

And then they need to figure out how to make a crossover time-twisty episode/arc that involves The Walking Dead, since Dean is in canon possession of Negan's Lucille (post-opening-credits scene of S12E15, Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell). As far as I can recall, TWD hasn't done any specific date-stamping, whereas SPN had done it with relative frequency. So there's no reason that The Walking Dead timeline can't take place after the Supernatural universe (eventually) ends, and it's entirely plausible that John Winchester surviving in PossiblyAlternateSepiaWorld could evolve into Negan.

I would totally be down with starting a new thread to discuss how to most logically cobble together a theoretical TWD/SPN crossover timeline.

*Public Service Announcement: This post was written under the influence of leftover Passover and Easter wines.

Last edited:

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
In PossiblyAlternateSepiaWorld, I also want Charlie Bradbury to be massively honked-off and super-stabby because she deserves better than the send-off she got.
As far as I'm concerned, Charlie was never heard from again after riding off into the sunset with Dorothy and is having awesome adventures and banging fairies until the end of time.