The editor called ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Warning: I'm feeling especially desperate for affirmation and positive feedback this afternoon (it's been a tough week, writing-wise)...

So here's my unveiled attempt to solicit an AW pat on the back: an editor just called me to make an out-of-the-blue assignment!! This has never happened before in my writing career, which is now all of 7 months old. I'm thrilled! So what if it is low-paying and due in three days? She said she likes my work (based, I guess, on the clips I sent and the query she accepted a couple weeks ago) - and my little writer ego really needed to hear that today.

Thanks for indulging me!

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
RoseReifsnyder said:
Warning: I'm feeling especially desperate for affirmation and positive feedback this afternoon (it's been a tough week, writing-wise)...

So here's my unveiled attempt to solicit an AW pat on the back: an editor just called me to make an out-of-the-blue assignment!! This has never happened before in my writing career, which is now all of 7 months old. I'm thrilled! So what if it is low-paying and due in three days? She said she likes my work (based, I guess, on the clips I sent and the query she accepted a couple weeks ago) - and my little writer ego really needed to hear that today.

Thanks for indulging me!

Woo Hoo!!! *pats Rose on the back* You deserve that!

I myself am in somewhat of a funk. I've sold a few filler articles on a few sites in the last 2 weeks, but the last few days I've felt like writing *nothing.* You'd think that would be affirming to me (and it is), but I feel completely unproductive, and don't feel like writing. I need to write, but I just don't feel like doing so.

Sometimes some positive feedback and really help, so I hope this encourages you! :)

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, TemlynWriting...here's to DE-funking ourselves!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear your good news, Rose,
I'm happy as can be,
A writer needs to celebrate--
Here, have a drink on me! :Cheers:

LRFarley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertfarley.com
From mighty oak trees, tiny seeds are thrown...

From out of low-paying short turnaround jobs come good-paying longer turnaround jobs come high-paying short turnaround jobs come...you get the idea. Now get out of here and get to work writing!

Bob/lrf
From tiny seeds are mighty oak trees grown

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, you are all so nice! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.