Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Just found this website (while looking for anything informative about Green Man images and lore--but that's another story.) There is some really ...odd...stuff there.

Meanwhile--anyone who happens to be an expert on Green Man stuff, and wants to have your brain picked over, drop me a PM. BWhaAHHAahaaaaa...

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A truckload of links, but I have to wonder if Pacifica offered Dr. Jenks an extremely attractive retirement package to send her elsewhere to ply her private practice as a past life regression "guide."

Still, an interesting site, no doubt about that!

Maryn, interested in but not knowledgeable about 20th Century Folklore

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I have to wonder if Pacifica offered Dr. Jenks an extremely attractive retirement package to send her elsewhere to ply her private practice as a past life regression "guide.
I wondered the same thing,Maryn...<g>

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
I have been thinking and thinking about the image and story of Baba Yaga now for months and wondering how girls and women can resolve the seemingly paradoxical story of a bony heartless witch with the image of innocence of a rejected and abandoned girl.

10ccs of codeine, right there.

Spookster

Maiden of the Blade
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Mac. There's some really good info on deities there. The symbol/runes links should be helpful in my WIP.

Deleted member 42

MacAllister said:
Just found this website (while looking for anything informative about Green Man images and lore--but that's another story.) There is some really ...odd...stuff there.

It is interesting, but I'd use it with caution. I looked at a few of the articles on my own field, Celtic myth, and they're less than accurate in a some parts; more New Age/Neo Pagan than historic. The stuff on runes is also a bit reliant on New Age/Neo Pagan wishful thinking.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
oops! Right up at the beginning of this thread I should have said what Lisa said. :)

Although, given the past life regression stuff...perhaps we can just reckon she's counting herself an eyewitness...?

(BAD Mac! That was mean! Get in the box!)

Status
Not open for further replies.