• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Vinspire Publishing (formerly Vintage Romance Publishing)

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
brainstorm77 said:
http://www.vrpublishing.com/index.php Do any of you know anything about this publisher? thks.
There's an older discussion about it here:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877

Also, for what it's worth, I've seen some of their books in Borders. (I can't remember if I've seen them in Barnes & Noble or in small stores.) I don't know what the sales are, though. I haven't bought any yet because I'm unfamiliar with the authors, and I don't like paying trade paperback prices to buy a small press romance. Keep in mind that many other romance readers are just as reluctant to buy trade paperbacks, even the ones put out by big name publishers.

Still, at least they're getting books in some stores, and they are a respectable small press in the field. Also, their guidelines and pet peeves make it clear that they're know what they're looking for. I was psyched to see that they want authors to do their research and avoid headhopping. :) They don't pay an advance, but that's common for romance small presses. (And for small presses in general, I believe.) I don't know if they're one of the "RWA-recognized small presses as I can't find that !#$% list anymore.

OTOH I noticed a typo on their web page, right in the navigation bar. F.A.Q. is spelled F,A.Q., and it's glaring to my eyes. Yeah, I know everyone makes misteaks ;), but a publishing company has to be particularly careful. When I see something like that on their navigation bar, I wonder how the editing in their books is going to be.

Last edited:

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I am sure they are fair, but after my experiences with Publish America and LAG. alarms go off in my head when I hear that somebody responded right away.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
I've heard nothing bad about Vintage, if that helps.

And you are right--looks like RWA has taken away access to the recognized pub page --at least for non-members (which I am now)

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I have a book out with Vintage and have had no complants. They went from and e-publisher to a print only pub quickly which I think is rather impressive.

I've had more sales than returns and that's always a good thing.:)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone :)

Last edited:

sdent1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.neverceese.com
So Victoria, I'm curious. Do we still call them a "traditional" publisher? Do we muddy the water some more? Again, just curious.

carlag

Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think e-books are a dead loss, I don't think it's taken off. That's just my opinion though! :)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think e-books are a dead loss, I don't think it's taken off. That's just my opinion though! :)

Was there a reason you resurrected a three year old thread for that gem of wisdom?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Was there a reason you resurrected a three year old thread for that gem of wisdom?

I was wondering the same thing. Considering how many people here know and understand the epublishing side of the industry (because we work in it) I'd be curious to see what (if anything) prompted a remark like 'ebooks are a dead loss.'

Since ebooks pay my mortgage, I'd be VERY curious to see how that equates with 'dead loss.'

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
To add some on-topic content:

This house seems to have changed its name to Vinspire Publishing, which presumably reflects its move to a broader range of titles. They seem to be doing a lot of books for children, for instance.

I've never seen one of their books, so can't comment beyond what's on the website.

That's quite an opinion! :roll:

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Those sorts of details are often dealt with at contract negotiation stage, and aren't necessarily consistent across all of the deals they make.

Schussman

Registered
Reaction score
Here it is, 2014. Has any one heard anything about Vinspire (previously Vantage Romance) Publishing recently?

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I could have sworn I posted here yesterday, I guess I didn't. I was wondering if anyone else had more info on this publisher.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is now agented submissions only.