• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TriadaUS Literary Agency

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on what you misinterpreted, please? Did you read "four books out to editors" as "sold", or what?

ETA: Question answered via PM. 'twas indeed confusion over who signed what to whom. :e2paperba

Last edited:

Sakamonda

Registered
Reaction score
a big sale

in case anyone's interested, Uwe just made a sale to Penguin Group for a nonfiction title that will be released six weeks after the sale was made. Details on PublishersMarketplace.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I took the bull by the horns so to speak and sent him two queries back to back. Within six hours I received a "no thank you" for one, but not for the other. He responded on Sunday morning after I sent the queries about 1:00 AM my time. I must assume he puts a lot of effort into his work to be reading queries early Sunday morning. I hope he has a glimmer on the second one.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
He ws quick with me as well. He turned down Sword of the Dajjal a few days before I found a publisher for it. I sent a query about Jars of Doom at the same time, but he never replied, I'm willing to venture he thought the two queries which arrived not too far apart were duplicates of the same query.

So I never heard back on the second one.

Regards,
Scott

bloemmarc

Fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
I believe he is leaning more towards non-fiction. I just got his rejection letter for my fantasy series, although his did say my query sounded quite interesting. He said it was not the direction he wanted to go.

Nexusman said:
It was a query for my sci-fi novel. Looks like he's leaning more toward non-fiction from what I saw on writersmarket.com, but was still considering some fiction.

-Nick

RachelD4

TriadUS Literary Agency

Good news - or is it? I sent a manuscript to Dr Uwe Stender of TriadUS and following a few re-writes he now says he loves it & is in discussions regarding a contract. Does anyone have a similar experience & should I dare believe / hope that I will soon lose my unpublished virginity?

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RachelD4 said:
Good news - or is it? I sent a manuscript to Dr Uwe Stender of TriadUS and following a few re-writes he now says he loves it & is in discussions regarding a contract. Does anyone have a similar experience & should I dare believe / hope that I will soon lose my unpublished virginity?

Rachel,

I'm not speaking as a client of his, but from perusing these boards, Dr. Stender's had a lot of success selling the non-fiction mss. So far, he hasn't yet sold a fiction one even though, from something I think Tri said, he's done all the right agent-y things (networking and all that).

I'm sure Tri may jump in with his experiences with Dr. Stender.

Good luck to you - and to Tri! :)

~Nancy

fsr44

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Rachel,
Yes, I have had a similar experience. I signed on with Uwe Stender in July. He was not the only agent expressing interest in my manuscript, but I was most impressed with his honesty and enthusiasm, so I chose to "go with my gut" and choose TriadaUS. I did so being fully aware, as you should be, that Uwe has had success in placing non-fiction but has not yet sold a fiction manuscript.
I can tell you that, so far, my gut instinct has been correct. Uwe is honest, hard-working and always prompt to reply . I have been kept apprised, every step of the way, of where my manuscript has been submitted, who has responded, and what they had to say about it. It has been my understanding that some better-known agents can be harder to get in touch with and are less forthcoming with this information. That may work for some writers, but personally, it would drive me nuts. Your mileage may vary.
As to whether you will "soon" be published, you do need to be realistic. Getting an agent is a big step, and one you should celebrate. But it's just that...a step. It's still another giant step to get your manuscript published. No agent should promise that they can get you published. They should only vow to try.
I believe Uwe is trying his best for me. I'm not yet published, but it's still early days. I wish you much luck, and I hope you choose the agent who is right for you. And I hope sharing my experience with Uwe will be helpful to you.
Best of luck,
fsr

RachelD4

Dear fsr
Your reply is very reassuring. My own experience of Uwe is the same as yours - verbatim. I should clarify, however, that Uwe has not promised to get me published but rather is making sure that my work is being seen by the right people & is passing feedback he receives directly onto me immediately. So, at this stage in my career I don't think I can ask for much more than that.
Again thanks.
Regards
Rachel

fsr44

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I didn't assume that Uwe would ever promise publication, but put that statement out there more as a general guideline.
Good luck to you. And congratulations for getting this far.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm also a client and pleased with his drive and enthusiasm. I've been agented before, but not quite like this--he does contact me within hours, gives me current updates--makes suggestions--submits via MY suggestions. He's very, very precise, and will toil over a manuscript until you get it right. He's hit darn near every conference that I can think of in just the last year. He's connected up great.

Listen to his suggestions and rewrite or advise accordingly. He won't send a contract or take you on until you have passed a revision stage, which is the policy of many agents.

It sounds like you might join us. Happy day! And good luck.

Tri

fsr44

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to hear that from "the other side of the desk". Thank you, princess1.

fsr44

Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Serves me right for reading too quickly. I hereby dub thee the Priceless Princess of this thread. ;)