• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wings EPress

Pals14

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything recent about them? For example, are they good with promoting books, bookcover arts, etc?

Jana

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody got more current info on dealing with this epress? I see they have a number of authors / books on their website nowadays. The only author of theirs I've communicated with so far says they have done well with his books and pay royalties per their contract.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Updated link: Wings EPress

I dunno - I had a look at their site. They publish everything but erotica. While they have pages for each of their books, they don't sell via their website and indeed, appear to sell only on Amazon. Their covers are uniformly meh or worse. Their releases, both new and older, have few reviews (or none), so I'm guessing their promotions are non-existent, or more likely, rely heavily on their authors. They appear to offer paperback as well as ebooks, but judging by Amazon's shipping time, my guess is that they're POD. When I sampled some of their books, it's clear that while the books have been proofed, there's been no attempt at developmental or content editing.

They appear to release between 2-5 books per month, which points to a familiar small press business model: put out books as fast and as cheaply as you can, with no marketing or promotional outlay, and rely on initial release sales (most likely from the author's family and friends) to recoup your costs. Rinse and repeat. In other words, this is a classic example of an author mill.

So ask yourself: what can this press do for me that I couldn't do on my own by self-publishing, and keep all the profits for myself?

Jana

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. That's about what I figured but I'm out of the loop by several years.