Look What I Sold! Local Brags...

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Been a wee while since posting about INFESTATION up the thread here. It turned into a series about the S-Squad, a bunch of sweary Scottish squaddies fighting monsters. Number 8 in the series, OPERATION: MONGOLIA launched today. Worms! Big Worms!

Last edited:

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Now that we're back, what's everyone been up to on the publishing front?

I've got 2 series on the go at Severed Press, one feature my wee sweary Scottish squaddies fighting monsters, the other a Victorian team of adventurers trapped in a 'colossal cavern' underground. Apart from that, I have a new Carnacki short story collection at Dark Regions Press, and I've signed a 3 book deal with Silver Shamrock Publishing for 3 story collections, in 2022, 2023 and 2024.

I'm an old age pensioner now, but don't seem to be slowing down any just yet :)

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
My 3 book deal with Silver Shamrock is now no longer happening (I had a wee disagreement with the publisher. Don't ask. :) ), but on a positive note, I've sold a story, HERDERS to TERROR TALES OF THE SCOTTISH LOWLANDS, the next in Paul Finch's excellent series from Telos Press.

TeresaRose

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Willem, on selling Herders. Too bad about your three-book deal, but I'm sure you'll find another home for them.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Last year I wrote a Christmas horror short for Gabino Igleaias' Halldark Holidays anthology. It didn't make the cut.

Today I signed the contract for that story to appear in a different Christmas horror anthology.

Never Give Up. Never Surrender. :evil

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Last year I wrote a Christmas horror short for Gabino Igleaias' Halldark Holidays anthology. It didn't make the cut.

Today I signed the contract for that story to appear in a different Christmas horror anthology.

Never Give Up. Never Surrender. :evil
:Clap::partyguy:

Reactions: Calla Lily

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Sold a collection of supernatural Inspector Lestrade stories to Weird House Press. It's getting the signed, illustrated limited edition hardcover treatment too, with artwork by my long-time collaborator M Wayne Miller, which is nice...

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Sold a collection of Scottish supernatural stories to Weird House Press. It's getting the signed, illustrated limited edition hardcover treatment again, with artwork by my long-time collaborator M Wayne Miller and will also be in trade hardcover, paperback and ebook.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sold a collection of Scottish supernatural stories to Weird House Press. It's getting the signed, illustrated limited edition hardcover treatment again, with artwork by my long-time collaborator M Wayne Miller and will also be in trade hardcover, paperback and ebook.
Wowza! Well done, Willie! That's truly fabulous.

Reactions: williemeikle

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Very, very nice, Willie. I'm so pleased for you!

Reactions: MaeZe

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I was recuperating, I sold the Turkish language rights to my CARNACKI: HEAVEN AND HELL collection to Otantik Kitap
Wow! Do you have an agent working on your behalf?

Gosh, Turkish, that blows my mind. I hope they give you copies, whether or not you can read them.

Reactions: MaeZe

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Wow! Do you have an agent working on your behalf?

Gosh, Turkish, that blows my mind. I hope they give you copies, whether or not you can read them.

No agent... they got in touch with my publisher direct... and yes, I'm getting copies... I've got a whole swathe of German issues of my books on the shelf already that I can't read, so one more won't matter :)