deadly mammal

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
so i just turned my head and caught sight of a little mouse running behind my filing cabinet.

ooo, now it's peeking its head around to look at me. cute.

so should i a)try to catch it an put it outside, b)leave it alone and trust the cat or dog to take care of it while i'm gone (leaving in ten), c) pour some bleach back there and investigate in a couple hours, or d) other.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
thanks. most i got in the way of projectiles is a fishing rod. and i'm out of cheese. got peanut butter though. are they picky? think he'd like some holiday fudge?

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I spent the better part of three hours catching a teeny tiny mouse once. Little schmenger was damn fast but I got him.

I then put him outside at the end of the garden where he was probably eaten immediately.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
thanks. most i got in the way of projectiles is a fishing rod. and i'm out of cheese. got peanut butter though. are they picky? think he'd like some holiday fudge?

Mound the peanut butter around a treble hook and cast upstream from your mouse. As your bait drifts past his nose, he'll strike.

No need to set the hook. Typically, they impale themselves.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
the cat and i chased a huge rat around the house for a half hour last place i lived. i used the cat to corner the thing and then trapped it. a big step in my and blinky's relationship. during the chase the beast climbed our water cooler and jumped over my wife's head and onto the ground. one of the coolest things i've ever seen.

well, the problem hasn't resolved itself and i gotta go. guess i'll see if there are any gory details to report later.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
the cat and i chased a huge rat around the house for a half hour last place i lived. i used the cat to corner the thing and then trapped it. a big step in my and blinky's relationship. during the chase the beast climbed our water cooler and jumped over my wife's head and onto the ground. one of the coolest things i've ever seen.

well, the problem hasn't resolved itself and i gotta go. guess i'll see if there are any gory details to report later.
:e2thud:

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
Please tell me you don't plan to poop in the corner again.

he never plans on it...

what happened in your living rooms was completely intentional, but i can't figure out how you knew it was me.

and besides, the mouse was running away from one of my piles when i saw him, so i don't think that'll work.

general update:
i'm back and no sign, but i sense its imminence.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I spent the better part of three hours catching a teeny tiny mouse once. Little schmenger was damn fast but I got him.

I then put him outside at the end of the garden where he was probably eaten immediately.
Actually, he probably immediately returned to the safety of your house.

Actual solution:

Get a live trap (here's a good one), catch the mouse or mice, and release them at night a goodly distance from your house.

They actually work.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
i wouldn't piss that thing off if i were you, joyce. you think i want him as my avatar? it took my kidney.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Actually, he probably immediately returned to the safety of your house.

Actual solution:

Get a live trap (here's a good one), catch the mouse or mice, and release them at night a goodly distance from your house.

They actually work.

It's a big garden and he didn't come back so I guess it worked.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
Is that what the thing is eating....your kidney?

kidney's long gone. the little bastard is a quick hand in the black market.

that thing is what's left of my neighbor's german shepard.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
What you see. . .

mouse.jpg

What your little brother sees. . .

250px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

What your mother sees . . .

grizzly.jpg