• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Flashlight Press

Victory

Registered
Reaction score
I have found bits and peices on here about Flashlight publishing. They are a PB publisher and such. Although, I haven't came across anyone who has had any actual dealing with them. Anyone out there?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of them before. Never submitted to them. I'm adding the link to Flashlight. I think there was an earlier discussion on these boards and someone did submit to them. I'll see if I can dig out the thread.

ETA: Found the discussion. It was in the Children's forum.

Last edited:

Victory

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. That was the bits and peices I had previously found. But, I wanted a wee bit more information. Thanks though!

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
Recieved a very polite, personalized rejection from the editor. She was kind enough to give me the name of a publisher she thought might be interested in my story. I e-queried her and heard back within a week. She also said that they are only publishing two books a year.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I queried a couple of books there. Got a R on the first one and a request to read the 2nd today. (They apparently put out 2 titles/year in hard cover.) Hopefully all will go well :D

cwgranny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janfields.com
Their books are lovely (as I've reviewed more than a few) and they are one of the few picture book publishers who will buy long books. They use fantastic illustrators. And a writer I know who had a picture book published by them (Dotti Enderle/Grandpa for Sale) had this to say about her book with them on a recent discussion board: "GRANDPA FOR SALE was a Borders Original Voices selection, and is on the upcoming Arizona and Indiana state reading lists because of efforts made by Flashlight."

They have a super tiny list. I've read all their picture books. They tend to be strongly family focused.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread but wanted anyone interested to know that they are still alive and cooking. I just signed a contract with them and Shari is an amazing human being and I'm feeling blessed to be a small part in their operations. In fact, everyone I've met there so far is awesome!

So don't give up!