• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] VoicesNet

glasy depths

I recently entered a contest at voicesnet.com and within the day of my submission the company emailed me, telling me I'd been chosen to be published in their anthology. They said they were not a company that published every submission, which made me very suspicious. Has anyone heard of this company? Is it a scam?

snarzler

Re: Voicesnet.com....scam?

Anyone have resources to see if they are connected to another poetry site (.con) and are trying out a new disguise?

Andrea :peace

snarzler

Voicesnet.com/poetry.com link?

Nameless,
That link is to a board where there are a lot of angry posts about poetry.con with one asking if voicesnet.com was also illegitimate.
Did I miss a connection (other than my personal presumption)?

Andrea :peace

HapiSofi

Re: Voicesnet.com/poetry.com link?

They say they're going to be giving away a lot of money and prizes, but they don't have an extensive list of products for sale, and they don't mention a sponsor. The pans of that scale don't balance.

They also have a self-publication option on their menu where you can apply to publish a book in partnership with them. One of the links on it is for those who want literary representation.

Real agents don't handle poetry, unless a client who normally writes other things happens to write some.

This is not a restaurant where I would eat.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
voicesnet.com

http://voicesnet.com/

Special Announcement:
We are no longer putting on our Poetry Contests or producing our contest books or certificates. If you have previoulsy ordered a book and have not received it, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to VoicesNet, PO Box 936, Powell, Ohio 43065 and include ordering information and we will refund your order amount.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Running contests again, but no more prizes or publications -- online display only for "exposure".