• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Pinder Lane & Garon-Brooke Associates

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not at all being sarcastic. I think you did well for yourself, and you got the attention of the agent you wanted. To me, that's genius. And I sincerely, wish you the best. In fact, PM me when your book comes out.

I appreciate that, and I'll definitely keep you posted! <3

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI for those who have complained of Bob Thixton's non-responsoveness, which I understand. But, when I sent him the contract between me and Blackwyrm Publishing (who I'd love to work with), he said he'd have it to me in a "day or so"...two days he delivered with a great revised contract.

Yay, you! And thanks for the info!

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Again, I have to promote Bob, ***** turned down the contract, but he said he suspected as much because they were 'sketchy at best'. All's well that ends well!

Last edited:

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much! Again, I have to promote Bob, ***** turned down the contract, but he said he suspected as much because they were 'sketchy at best'. All's well that ends well!

It sounds like it's a very good thing he got involved. I'm sorry the contract didn't work out, but I'm sure another will come your way. If one publisher was interested, another will be too.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like it's a very good thing he got involved. I'm sorry the contract didn't work out, but I'm sure another will come your way. If one publisher was interested, another will be too.

Thanks! There were actually two, but before I had contacted him I turned down the first as it was only an e-publisher (not knocking that route). I have a feeling Bob knew they couldn't or rather WOULDN'T live up to basic publishing standards, among the heavy hitters of course.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Just another update for anyone who is A) still reading this and/or B) thinking of querying this agency. I'm represented by Bob Thixton, and he has responded quickly to any and all emails and/or questions...within 10 minutes. Just an FYI.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Good to know. I queried Oct. 5, so I should probably assume no response is no interest at this point.
Congratulations!!!
It sounds like it all ultimately worked out for the best.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Good to know. I queried Oct. 5, so I should probably assume no response is no interest at this point.
Congratulations!!!
It sounds like it all ultimately worked out for the best.

I would send a nudge. I had sent several, all of which he said was fine and welcomed. I had queried him forever ago, gone back and forth with emails, etc. Don't stop querying other people by all means, but send him a nudge and see what happens.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Bob, himself (not the agency, I think) is listed on Pred-ed.com's agent section. Member of the AAR, and has verified sales. I do, however, think he's old-school and not very internet friendly.

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
Bad news for any queriers, etc. Bob Thixton has been suffering some health issues and is focusing on an e-venture so, I'm afraid he's out of the agenting game for a while.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sold a series at auction last month (to Tor/Forge), so he's active again.

Fantomas

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for necroposting but I figured I'd add my two cents. I met Bob at a writing conference where I pitched him my novel. He was extremely enthusiastic about it, so much so that he called me the next week asking to see it. When I did send it a few months later, he never responded, even after a few emails from me. I imagine he either hated it so much that he didn't even bother sending an official rejection, or more likely it just got lost in the shuffle. Oh well.

ewizz31

Registered
Reaction score
He has my full manuscript right now and we have a 3 week exclusive. Glad to hear he is going better and back in business.

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to query because the website says:

We will only consider a mss if no other agents are currently being queried.

Does that mean if you query him you can't query anyone else until he responds?

J.J.PITTS

Registered
Reaction score
I queried him about three months ago (without looking at my notes) with an exclusive. After four weeks I called their office and someone was nice enough to tell me they were a couple days away from taking a look. If there was any interest, they would contact me. I didn't hear back from them on the date he suggested and considered it a no thanks. Whoever I talked to was very courteous and helpful.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Feuilleton, yeah, that's what it means. Those agents go to the bottom of my list and, usually, by the time I'm at the bottom I'm ready to query a new novel. Exclusives, as many agents will tell you, are crap not in the author's best interest.

Last edited: