BEWARE: Children's Literary Agency (WL Childrens Agency)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I am going to try to post this on the message board. I've never used one, but was emailed the link by the agency. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8286

I'm Pete the www.peeperandfriends.com (the hook) and author of Peeper The Kinkajou, Peeper Goes To Florida, and Boomer To The Rescue. I would first like to say that I am offended by you saying it's a scheme. You need a bit of my background first. I was a Marine Special ops guy who was highly decorated for putting my life on the line to go evacuate innocents out of hostile environments. I came out of the military and became a stock broker. A top producing stock broker. I left that business on top because I wasn't fulfilled with just making money. I wanted a purpose and to help. I guess I was looking for the feeling I had coming through the door with my small team and rescuing people who thought they were to face slaughter. I started a private investigation agency, which I still own www.soginv.com. I helped many people there, but still felt a need for more so I wrote and published children's books, which educate children on unique creatures, their ecosystems, and their need for our help. I have had a greater positive impact on more adults, children, and the environment than any of you and all of you together. I say this confidently.

Going back to my issue with the message board. Since I am a private investigator and have learned from many cases that you can't assume anything only investigate fact. It bothers me that you all have these expert opinions based on nothing and they are not even educated( sorry Dr., but the Dr. doesn't always account for common sense).

I am writing this against the wishes of the agency. They said be nice. it's hard to be when offended. Why don't you contact me and let me waste my time proving to you what fact is. One they Children's agency did lie about me making $50,000 last year. I did it in 3 weeks with honorarium and book sales. I asked them why they didn't put the truth about how quickly i did it and they were right in saying that the authors will think it not believable. Now to show you. I am going to be touring 2 weeks from April18-29 in Loudoun county Va and Ocean City MD. come see what I do fist hand and I will show you the numbers. I will make around $40,000 for the 2 weeks. The problem is that unsuccessful authors like to sit around and need to have a purpose by giving expert opinions to new authors. I am way to busy being successful to do this, but some of you need a wake up call. You own failure is your fault and you really aren't helping, only hurting authors when giving them advice on good and bad when you have no idea what you are talking about. My job isn't to waste time complaining or I would then turn into you complainers. I am willing to show you fact. Are you willing to see it? I know several other authors who are happy with The agency.

The agents from the CLA have great business minds. I was the one who suggested they recommend editors because any one can edit grammar and spelling. I have a button on my computer that does it. Knowing how to better communicate to your target market is also important. Most seasoned writer's think they do, but don't. Why do you think such a small percentage of people get published. And beside they may waste money like i did with the first person i had edit. She was an english teacher so the grammar and spelling were perfect. I have personally helped best selling authors who were previously published through big houses finally make money. That's the difference between the new and old era. I was a successful investment banker who understands business. Most book industry people know what they know and aren't great at business.

If you would like to contact me to educate your self more on the real world, call me or email. You can reach me through my website. I feel for all of you experts who have time to play on all the message boards. Turn that negative time and energy around and focus it on positively moving forward in your life and you may become successful also. I don't mean all in money, but to me success means fully being happy with where you are and what you're doing and with all your negativity, you're not there.

If I offended you I'm sorry, but maybe you needed to be offended. I will also entertain any apologies for tieing me into what was called a scheme. This may not be about you I just grabbed all the emails from the board so you could here my side. By the way. I was first printed Jan 05 and within 6 months I accomplished more than most writers do in a lifetime so I believe I speak from authority about business epecially with my background and experiences.

Peter Parente

What they did for me:
  1. sold my publishing company and got me the terms I required.
  2. set up my school appointments based on my school models
  3. told me not to create such a big website, but to keep it simple and not waste my money. I chose to waste my money to do extrs because I wanted to
  4. Got me to an editor who gave me some priceless advice
  5. currectly working on licensing for toys, games, T.V., and Movies. I was in meetings yesterday with investment bankers about the TV show.
  6. Helped some authors I know
  7. They work with they author in the capacity they are looking for. Most authors just want to be published until they are and then are unhappy with the deal. I like being rewarded for my work, you?
That's all for now. I won't be checking back.

Even if I were considering blowing off the Absolute Write members' concerns, Mr. Alternate View here has convinced me that his alleged agency is a scam. Look, dude -- if you're going to put up an indignant sock-puppet post going on and on about what a successful published author you are, at least make the damn post well-written. And if you want to convince people on this message board that the agency can help them, you've gone about it the wrong way. Your defensive, ranting tone has precisely the opposite effect.

I googled Peeper and the Kinkajou. It was written by Peter Parente and published by "Peeper and Friends." Peeper and Friends is a publishing company founded by -- wait for it -- Peter Parente. I suppose I could start my own publishing company to get my book out there, but I can't think why I'd need this agency in order to do that.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Ha! I didn't even notice! Sorry about that! I've spent so much time battling demons in query hell that zombies look normal to me.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
Digging deeper (it's old but you've revived it:) it looks like his agent did do something...his books were put out by a vanity press in /05

I can see why he gave up being a PI if he couldn't see all the obvious red flags that any of us could. It's just too bad he never thought to submit to a commercial publisher, rather then the route he took.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Ah, this was the thread where, nearly four years ago when I was a brand-new shiny newbie, I learned what a "zombie thread" is.

I thank you for the memories.

ETA:

See, guys? It's not just me. It's something about this thread.

ETA:

*makes note to revive thread in 2020*

Last edited:

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
haha, and I didn't notice that your last NEWLY revived post was /12:) But yes, there is always something about a really bad industry business that will draw attention, no matter how long ago the particular incident was:)
If you post again Cassandra, in 2020, I vow to be back for 2023:)