New Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanadib

My name is Zana DiBartolomeo
I am new to these fourms, as much as I hate to say it, I got sucked into the PA stuff. So my first book is getting published by them, I know that one day I'll be able to move past it and get a diffrent publisher! So if anyone has any ideas please let me know!!! I would really aprecate it. ANd as much as I hate to say it to, I was warned by people from this site about PA but didnt listen! I know that I should have... I am sorry to those who tired to warn me and I didnt listen! I do want everyone to know that even though my book was published by PA I am not going to give up on it! It is a wonderful book in my oppion, and so I am going to buy copies for me and sell them myself......

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
welcome! lots of great info here -- cruise around, have fun.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Zana, :welcome: to the cooler and much good luck w. your book. Sounds like you have a handle on it.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard... :) Hopefully PA will have nothing to do with your next work.

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hello to you, Zana, and welcome to AW! I must confess, I fell into the PA trap too. I did not know then about this forum... and believed what they told me. At first it really hurt to have my best novel published by them. But after a while, I felt I did not owe them anything - they don't keep their promisses either. So I wrote the same story in my own language (Dutch) and found a publisher in Holland. The book is on the market for nearly three years by now, and is still selling. So I hope that one day a genuine publisher in the UK or United States will see the value of this work, and be willing to publish it again.

Nickie

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

What a cool spiffy name!

:welcome:

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
What a cool spiffy name!

Ever since Splat, I have a tendency to try to read names backwards. And it turns out everyone has a spiffier username than I do. I don't know what possessed me to come on here and just use my given name. I think it means I'm not creative enough to hang with you guys.

*bans self*

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Welcome on board Zana,

Sounds like you have accomplished something wonderful already, with your book. You needn't be too hard on yourself, with it being published with PA. I am sure you know what your doing, and experience is always valuable one way or another. :)

All the best,to you.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Zana

And what do you mean, Yrallih. You have the spiffiest of names :D

Status
Not open for further replies.