How post photo instead of avatar (And should I?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrywaxler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrywaxler.com
I notice that a few people use photos as avatars, and I was wondering if this is standard procedure. If so I can't figure out how to do it. Or maybe it's not encouraged? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Jerry Waxler

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jerry!

Looks like you could post a pic if you want (you have over 50 posts). And no, it's not discouraged at all.

The Newbie Guide offers a bit of advice about the avatar. Basically, you click on your Control Panel box (upper left corner where it says "User CP") and then look in the left hand column and click on "avatar." When that window comes up, scroll down to where it says 'custom avatar' and you can upload a picture that is no greater than 80 x 80 pixels by clicking on "browse". (You can use a picture already downloaded in your computer.) Follow the prompts, and let us know if you still have problems.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No problem with it, Jerry -- it's up to you (once you're over fifty posts).

Click 'User CP' and select 'Edit Avatar' on the left hand side. Under 'Custom Avatar' (near the bottom of the page), you can either link to an image's URL or upload one from your computer. The maximum size details are on the page.

Good luck.

Ziljon

Tortilla di Patate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daviddepalo.com
You can change your avatar as often as you like. Try a pic, but realize, if you have ten posts on a certain thread, that's ten mugs of yourself staring back at you.:)

jerrywaxler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrywaxler.com
Yikes. Good point.

You can change your avatar as often as you like. Try a pic, but realize, if you have ten posts on a certain thread, that's ten mugs of yourself staring back at you.:)

Hey, you're right. I hadn't thought of the repetitive factor. Thanks for the perspective. I'll think about it some more.

Jerry

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
That's why I use my dog. He's ugly, but his mug makes me laugh.

I hope people don't think I look like that!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
You can also post your picture in your profile, Jerry. Avatars are the 'picture worth a thousand words' equivalent. Some members like to change theirs at various times of the year or when they simply want to 'redecorate'.

Either way, enjoy yourself here. It's a good place.

Btw, Wendy; I'll always picture you that way. :D

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can also post your picture in your profile, Jerry. Avatars are the 'picture worth a thousand words' equivalent. Some members like to change theirs at various times of the year or when they simply want to 'redecorate'.

We still haven't gotten to see what Rllgthunder looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.