• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Victory Graphics and Media / Yorkshire Publishing Group

CScottMorris

On a coffee fueled writing spree!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cscottmorrisbooks.com
Three times they have followed me on Twitter, and three times I have blocked them. Definitely a spammer.
And their tweets are pretty much all about getting writers to sign up, not one about books coming our or promotion.
Vanity Press.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FYI, here's the thread on Victory/Yorkshire: <snipped> I'll keep the separate threads, but Index 'em all under Yorkshire Publishing Group.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Victory Graphics site has been "temporarily unavailable" since mid-'12. Yorkshire is still active, though.

M3 New Media was just acquired by Next Century Publishing.

Fuchsia Groan

Becoming a laptop-human hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
So, I never heard of Yorkshire Publishing till now, but it looks like they are hoping to pick up refugees from the demise of fellow Oklahoma outfit Tate Publishing.

I write about books for an alt-weekly, so I'm on lots of mailing lists. Today I got a release from "Publishing News," aka Ryan Sheehan of Yorkshire Publishing, headed "The Forgotten Victims of Tate Publishing."

Basically, it starts like a news release about the apparent closing of Tate, then shifts into the mode of offering advice to bereft Tate authors:

Per the Tate website, they can request the delivery of files necessary to relist their books for a small fee, though they have to allow up to 45 days for delivery. For those authors who choose to go this route, they must also remove any mention of Tate within the book and have a new ISBN issued. Another publisher will be able to issue a new ISBN, remove those references to Tate on the Copyright page, and have the titles relisted – most likely for a modest fee. Ultimately, these authors have the best chance of getting their books back out into the marketplace in a timely manner.

Then:

If they are near the end of the publication process, they may be able to have another publisher assist them in bringing the project to completion, as described above. For those who are just starting the publishing process, they should simply consider a fresh start with another publishing house. Authors who are somewhere between the beginning and the end of the process should reach out to another publishing house and determine the options available to them. Unfortunately, the link on the Tate website for these authors indicates that they are not entitled to a refund for any services for which they had already paid. For many aspiring authors, the dream of publishing has become a nightmare with no end in sight.

The release notes that "Several publishers have offered to assist existing Tate authors with getting their titles relisted and available for sale again."

Only in an italicized paragraph at the end do we learn whom the release might be suggesting as "another publisher" for Tate authors:

For those authors who are seeking assistance getting their titles relisted or their projects completed, Yorkshire Publishing invites you to reach out and contact us. We will be happy to review your options and plot a path forward. With a history spanning nearly 20 years, we have the experience and knowledge to help in this challenging time.

I'm surprised to learn YP has been around so long, because the website doesn't offer a ton of info. It is up front about the fact that they offer a range of options: "Traditional, Co-Publishing and Author Assisted Self-Publishing." No info on fees for different packages. There's a carousel of "featured titles," several with a Christian orientation.