Picked Myself Out Of The Dump with A Query Letter!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I never thought mailing a query would every make me feel as good as it did today! I've been sitting here in a dump for almost two months now. Ever since my first novel got bites but no takers, I've been having my own pity party. I decided to put #1 away and work on two more I have going. Being an unpublished author, I decided perhaps I should try to get published in a magazine while I work on the other WIP's. I finished an article today and sent out the first query. I have other magazines in mind so I will proably send out more tomorrow. I know this is nothing big, but it got me out of the slump I was in. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever seriously pick up the pen again. My rhino hide I believe is getting a bit thicker.

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
Go Go Go!

Sending out queries feels great. And I don't know about you, but getting rejections is kinda nice too. At least it's a sign there's always that chance, and one day...

Just keep sending 'em! :)

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone. I know it is not an earth shattering accomplishment, but I needed to pick myself up again. I was afraid if I let myself sit around not writitng for too long, I might never write again.