MY FIRST SALE!!! TWO BOOK DEAL!! YAY!!!!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks again everyone! :Hug2: Your kind words mean a great deal to me. Thank you! :Sun:

Of course, the lot you will probably start deleting your posts once I commence nagging for help with things like self-promoting, building a website, etc. I know zip about both, and I'm a dedicated wallflower. It's going to be quite an experience putting myself and my work out there. Yikes.

Any and all advice is welcome, encouraged--demanded even. :tongue

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: So wonderful!

I know zip-all about promotion. I'm just here to cheerlead and eat the free cookies!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! All of your hard work has been validated--so happy for you!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks guys!

Here you go Soccer Mom-- :e2cookie:

Lord knows I've eaten my share of cookies the last few months. I had a couple (few. . .several. . .let's not talk about it :)) set-backs and was actually to the point where I'd put away the characters and the series and started working on something else entirely--after a brief period of mourning, of course. This phone call came out of the blue. Someone else mentioned the call always comes when you least expect it. Guess it's true. :D

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
That's Absolutedly Fantabulous.

Congrats in the Highest.

I now give you:
Monkey's Dancing Nanners
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Alia. I feel so happy for you! Really, what a nice feeling it must be to get your first novel published!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks guys! I've been freaking out a little. Last week, my agent told me I could expect a call from the editor, but so far--nothing. Because I'm a nut, I started thinking, "They changed their minds. They made a mistake. I hallucinated the entire day." But then, I found Monday's Publishers Lunch on a blog, and I'm in it! :e2bounceyTee hee. I can't believe it. Here it is.

Women's/Romance -- Alissa Johnson's debut, AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, a Regency romance in the tradition about a young woman who returns to London after several years abroad to discover her family nearly destitute, the Prince Regent determined to engage her services as a spy, and a darkly delicious duke ready to foil her at every turn, and a second untitled historical, to Leah Hultenschmidt at Dorchester, for publication in November 2008, by Emmanuelle Alspaugh at Wendy Sherman Associates.

I've no idea what "in the tradition" means, and I'm just too excited to care if it's an error. :D

Okay--thanks for letting me gush and babble. :Hug2:My friends and family are happy for me, but it's not quite the same as talking with other writers.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Alia! I am just so happy for you! That's great!

:snoopy: :snoopy:

Go out and partayyy-- and don't forget to keep us updated on all the details. :D