Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, Now I am really upset... I want a pretty picture by my name when I post too. A lot of people have them... so I want one... HOW do I do that?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
BUT--you're both already past twenty posts...and the board has been live, what, 24 hours?

By tomorrow evening, at this rate...

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
biotales said:
Ok, Now I am really upset... I want a pretty picture by my name when I post too. A lot of people have them... so I want one... HOW do I do that?

I'm not 100% for certain, but I think in the User CP, there's a place for you to edit your signature and it supports graphics. So you can put a pic there and have it show up in you posts, if that's what you mean.

(Gah! How did it get so late so fast? I better go before I turn into a pumpkin. :Wha: )

Last edited:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
jyndral said:
I'm not 100% for certain, but I think in the User CP, there's a place for you to edit your signature and it supports graphics. So you can put a pic there and have it show up in you posts, if that's what you mean.

(Gah! How did it get so late so fast? I better go before I turn into a pumpkin. :Wha: )
:Thumbs: Thanks I will go have a look see...

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats.....
and post baby post....

MriduKhullar said:
Hey Biotales, you're officially at 50! :partyguy:

Hmm... now how do I get to 50 without seeming like I'm just posting for the count? :Ssh:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
MriduKhullar said:
Hmm... now how do I get to 50 without seeming like I'm just posting for the count? :Ssh:

I know the feeling! lol. I'm trying to get there without being too blatantly obvious too. :) (Almost time to poof off for work, though.)

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Is it true a poster needs 50 posts for a picture to show up under their name? I saw someone with LESS than that, AND a photo...not that I was desperately flying around to different threads and checking....

Rose

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
You'll find the option in your Control Panel - those pictures are called Avatars. Looks like you're restricted to just the two though.

Last edited:

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Richard. The picture I saw wasn't an avatar, though, but a photograph.

Still, I THINK I NEED TO GET A LIFE! Just get over it. It'll only be a few more days until I've achieved 50 posts....it's just that I want so much to get a picture of my dog out there. Hopefully, all the other "parents" out there can forgive my obsession.

Rose

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Rose, you're allowed to upload your own avatar. Some people just upload their pictures. Someone who has less than 50 posts and still has an avatar is either a mod or must have made a contribution to the board.

(40 down, 10 more to go...) :cool:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
uh oh, I think I've started a trend here. Now everyone wants to use an avatar of a dog!

I'll have to come up with something else... hmmm... how about a peeing dog?

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I figured I'd either go with a photo of my dog or my espresso machine....they're the two things I love most in the world!

Rose

PS - Please don't tell my boyfriend about this post.
PPS - I seem to have a curious affection for ellipses today...

JanaLanier

Snarling Cur
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janalanier.blogspot.com
Rose, I have chronic ellipsitis... it's really awful.... shows up everywhere.....

Soon, soon I'll be able to get an avatar. If I knew what that was. Or what to do with it. Or how to get one.

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Oh geez, now I really look/sound like a moron! Whining about some guy who doesn't have 50 posts but still gets a picture, and it turns out he's generous!! Probably volunteers and reads to the homebound, too!

Where can I hide....

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Whoo hoo - now I'm a generous benefactor, too! Any second now my hound's face should pop up under my name!

Rose

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, it seemed like I had to get 55 posts before the add-avatar option revealed itself, but I coulda just been blind. But I got my 'shrooms now, so I'm a happy camper. :D

Don't forget to opinionate on Share Your Work, or join an Office Party.... Subtlety, thy name is socialize. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.