Woman kidnapped and tortured for a week...in my old hometown.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Oh God! That is horrific! I seriously hope they are punished for this! Poor girl! What a nightmare for her. I wish her a speedy recovery and that she gets plenty of help to overcome her fears. Breaks my heart.
:(

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
OMG - this is absolutely sick! That poor young woman - I hope she gets help and justice. What were those sick b@$tard$ thinking????

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
Holy shitting hell... There is something deeply wrong with the human race if we can produce creatures of that despicable caliber.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea this had happened. Mom called a few minutes ago to ask if I'd heard. I had to read it several times because I couldn't believe the details. They even pulled her hair out. Imagine if she hadn't been able to get to the door when the police arrived!! Just makes me shudder.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I saw this article this morning and couldn't believe. One part that particularly got me was the mother-son and father-daughter combo (if I picked up on the relation correctly). It's bad enough that people have this in them, but to teach your children too?

I also thought, wouldn't it occur to you that by day 3, perhaps, that maybe this isn't right? It scares me to think how long they would've continued torturing her if she hadn't been found.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. Hope that poor woman heals.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I also thought, wouldn't it occur to you that by day 3, perhaps, that maybe this isn't right?
I think in a group hate mentality, maybe they were all feeding off one another's insanity. That's the only thing I can figure because I'm with you. Eventually, wouldn't your brain kick in?

(I don't mean to say it should take that long to know this was frighteningly wrong. Just that even in the most twisted of individuals, surely they would feel something for this poor girl and let her go.)

Last edited:

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I think in a group hate mentality, maybe they were all feeding off one another's insanity. That's the only thing I can figure because I'm with you. Eventually, wouldn't your brain kick in?

(I don't mean to say it should take that long to know this was frighteningly wrong. Just that even in the most twisted of individuals, surely they would feel something for this poor girl and let her go.)

Also, just glancing at their pictures, I wouldn't be surprised if they were meth addicts or something similar. Their skin is awfully... used-looking. Not that that in any way excuses or lessens the completely horrible things they did.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com

I know what you mean. I was lucky and had a mother who always warned me about doing things I wouldn't normally do just because all my friends were. She said I could use her as an excuse to step back, saying 'my mom would kill me if she knew I did this'. That sort of thing. It makes me so sad that this seems ok to some people.

I hope for their conscience-sake that drugs had some part in all this. Doesn't make it right but it explains where that light bulb in the head went.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
I can barely read that story, it's so upsetting. Human beings are capable of awful things.

Reaction score
"Women kidnapped and tortured for a week in my old hometown."
Bruce Springsteen

Classic line. Classic song.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Besides the unbelievable cruelty and obvious insanity inbred into this family, what get's me is that they all seemed to revel in this girl agony.. It's rare when a group of people will willingly participate in subjective torture for their own pleasure. One on one torture you can put off to a sick mind, (Not an excuse, just a fact) but this just makes you wonder if there truly are people living around us as empty shells, void of souls, with not a shred of conscienceness... This girl gets a reminder to the big guy from me tonight...

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering how kidnapping and torture were a 'hate crime' until I read the story, that the victim was black and the perpetrators white, and "The victim was repeatedly called a racial slur."

Anyway, this is indeed a very bad thing, but I have to admit I'm not surprised at the worst of what people can do to others. It was just over a week ago I saw an exhibit movie on the very short life of Anne Frank, which reminded my of my 2006 visit to the Holocaust Exhibit at the Breman Museum in Atlanta. Huge numbers of people were treated about as badly as a human being can be treated. Bad things do happen in real life. Very bad things.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Sick. Absolutely sick.

I think when the suspects are found guilty, they should be tied down in front of the courthouse so people can come by to kick them, call them names, stab them and cut their ankles with knives. You know, so they get what they deserve.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
Just looking at the alleged perps, one can see they come from a polluted gene puddle and are a waste of space taking up oxygen and water (if, in fact, they bathe) that their betters could use. Their behavior only reinforces this, admittedly shallow, assessment. I say turn 'em into fertilizer. At least they'd serve a useful purpose then.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Sick. Absolutely sick.

I think when the suspects are found guilty, they should be tied down in front of the courthouse so people can come by to kick them, call them names, stab them and cut their ankles with knives. You know, so they get what they deserve.
Yup, like the old days. Sentence served by their peers. No going back to "3 hots and a cot" and cable TV.

Some good ol' public humiliation to let them know what society thinks about them and then a swift death to remove them from the gene pool. Dwindles down the fools and serves as a deterrent to the other fools.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
kristie911 said:

Yup, like the old days. Sentence served by their peers. No going back to "3 hots and a cot" and cable TV.

Some good ol' public humiliation to let them know what society thinks about them and then a swift death to remove them from the gene pool. Dwindles down the fools and serves as a deterrent to the other fools.

Seems like public stabbings only would encourage more mob insanity. Isn't the point that what these people did as a racist gang was wrong? I'm not saying that punishment shouldn't be severe, or that I think prisoners should have cable. Just that encouraging town-center revenge seems to me like a bigger-scale, "accepted" way to torture someone. Whenever there's a group committing violence, you wonder if there wasn't someone there who might have stopped it. In this West Virginia case, no one did. If we put the criminals on stocks and encourage public abuse, what does that teach our own children? Look what these people taught theirs; is that the kind of thing we want to escalate? Teaching our kids to beat, stab, and kill people in revenge?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
[/i]

If we put the criminals on stocks and encourage public abuse, what does that teach our own children?

Well, I may be in the vast minority here, but I would like to believe it would teach my kids if you do something this insane, the exact same thing may very well happen to you. Action and reaction. In the case of these "people", I think a little good old fashioned fear might have done them some good. They apparently weren't afraid of anything at the time they tortured this girl and had no compassion for her in HER fear.

Last edited:

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
We read stories like this every year and it doesn't matter where you live. We live in a very sad and cruel society.
I saw this article this morning and couldn't believe. One part that particularly got me was the mother-son and father-daughter combo (if I picked up on the relation correctly). It's bad enough that people have this in them, but to teach your children too?
This is one example why psychiatric evaluations should be required before allowing people to have children, and if they fail, there's always sterilization.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I may be in the vast minority here, but I would like to believe it would teach my kids if you do something this insane, the exact same thing may very well happen to you. Action and reaction. In the case of these "people", I think a little good old fashioned fear might have done them some good. They apparently weren't afraid of anything at the time they tortured this girl and had no compassion for her in HER fear.
I have no problem with that as a concept, but in reality, I think that encouraging the public to participate in the "stoning," if you'll let me call it that, brings ugliness and hatred out in those doing the stoning. Is hateful action any better coming from a "righteous" person?

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I look at it this way. If a dog is vicious and bites people you put it down. Not to "show other dogs how bad it is to be this way," or to "teach the dog a lesson", but so said dog never bites another person.

I'm all in favor of capital punishment for these people, because you know what? Their next victim could have been any one of us, or a loved one, or a friend or neighbor.

I don't think we need vengeance in our justice system. We need prevention.