Where are you? (in your novel)

Ariel.Williams

Registered
Reaction score
I’m currently editing my last novel. It still doesn’t have a title; I’ve been working on the thing for at least a year and I still don’t have a single idea. It’s getting ridiculous.

I’ve also been reading novels like my new story idea for research and I just started outlining the backstory. It’s really just for me to reference, but it feels great to be kinda almost writing again.

janeofalltrades

Registered
Reaction score
I asked my beta readers when I had trouble settling on a title. Maybe see if any of yours have a suggestion?

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
The last book of my Extinction series is up on Amazon - today I'm mucking about with the keywords. But it's up and available for purchase.

I've run through the plot of my next novel a few times, and will comb through it a couple more times before starting in on the actual writing for the first draft.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
The last book of my Extinction series is up on Amazon - today I'm mucking about with the keywords. But it's up and available for purchase.

I've run through the plot of my next novel a few times, and will comb through it a couple more times before starting in on the actual writing for the first draft.

Yay! Congrats. :hooray: That's a big accomplishment. Isn't that book series of your like eight books or something? (If I'm recalling the right info) I'm trying to write a seven book series, but I'm scared of having to end the journey with my characters. I know I can always pick up the series after the seventh book but still....

Anyways, congrats!

bahamaswriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
fayknowles.blogspot.com
I've written nearly 3,000 words of Book Three of my Mystery Romance Series. Had a slow start and am still working on the complex plot and characters as I go along. Am aiming for about the same length as Book Two - 45,000 words.

Tramp

Registered
Reaction score
(The "Dark Moment" of the novel.) McAllister was unable to save the life of the young 23rd century corporal and now, in a rage is preparing to confront the U.S. Cavalry captain who had him killed.

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
Four chapters to go, just crossed into the third act, will have it done by the end of next week.

micahkolding

Banned
Reaction score
The climax is neigh; a true plot hole is open, but the approaching sound of "March of the Gladiators" on a banjo harkens the arrival of a specter from the past that promises to ruin everything.

clawyer80

Registered
Reaction score
I've got about three chapters left in the second of a duology, so almost done. That said, I'll probably read through it front to end about three times in the near future and it may change considerably over the course of those readings.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Hit 53k in my rewrite of Puppet People

Kindle is playing charades with her family who she's not sure she can trust yet.

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
Just started book #5 for the year on Tuesday, I'm about 17k into it. Going well.

janeofalltrades

Registered
Reaction score
The debut novel is in formatting, and I'm chomping at the bit. It looks amazing!

My next series is in planning stages, and I'm typing up scenes as they come to me, so I can get to know the characters. I'm still hammering out the outline for book 1. I'd like to get it done by the end of the year but with the holidays it's going to be difficult.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Owain is trying to decide if he needs to kill the duke's son and son-in-law. Meanwhile, Slate is crashing a Saxon ship.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Hit 200 pages in my re-write (second draft). This is around 55k. This is two pages more than I had at the end of the first draft. I still have a lot more to write, so I'm excited to see where the word count lands.

Right now, Kindle just got into an argument with her mother that only left her with more questions on if they really like her or not. (She was just reunited with them after four years with amnesia.)

anaemic_mind

I come with accessories now
Registered
Reaction score
Half way through act 2 (part 1). Jane is attempting to go home. She will fail.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After an extremely fitful 2020, I'm about 100k into my WIP and have only reached the midpoint of the book. Yikes.

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
Just approached 30k in my newest book. I have to do something to occupy my mind while my trilogy is out on submission 😜❤️

• Haha
Reactions: Cindyt

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
Finished up a stand-alone 120k novel last Friday, doing some editing and re-reading this week and Monday I start on the next book in an ongoing series.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
76K+ into the second draft of my crime novel A DEADLY SPILL OF SCARLET. Just 7 or 8 more chapters to the draft finale. I left off the last session with DEADco SA Billy Estrella and ER doctor Carolina Allen are just one step ahead of a serial killer.

AminaAdamou

Registered
Reaction score
In this moment, in this time where are you in your novel?

In this moment, Colonel Guzmán is threating the interin president Dr. José María Mendoza at the presidential palace
My main character is being surrounded by angry villagers who may want to pummel her. She might pummel them before they do so.

AminaAdamou

Registered
Reaction score
76K+ into the second draft of my crime novel A DEADLY SPILL OF SCARLET. Just 7 or 8 more chapters to the draft finale. I left off the last session with DEADco SA Billy Estrella and ER doctor Carolina Allen are just one step ahead of a serial killer.
Congrats on almost finishing 👏👏good luck with the rest

Reactions: Cindyt