Where are you? (in your novel)

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking about quitting work on my novels and creating some good novel writing software (better design than Scrivener) and then using that software to write my novels for the QA part of software development.

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
OK, the teeth thing with the cook didn't work. It distracted from the main point, which was that sweetbreads don't count as breads when you're cooking for a gout sufferer.

I might use it somewhere else, because ill-fitting dentures and a hygiene-obsessed observer is just too delicious to discard entirely.

And now, on to 1941 and how Lily learns about Pearl Harbor. She's got more important things on her mind.

B.D. Skunkworks

Registered
Reaction score
Agatha is about to jump through one of the mirrors of The Array, on her way back to Malkuth to commandeer the power of a dead god.

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
25K in and only started it 2 weeks ago. I love my fast progress but worry that's only because it's all drivel lol.

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
It's Dec. 8, 1941, Oakland, California.

Lilly's friend, Michael Nakamura has been set upon by a bunch of thugs. She's told that no hospital is going to accept a Jap and no doctor will treat one--not after what they did to Pearl Harbor.

Lily is only a nurse, but it's up to her to clean Michael up and stitch him back together. Luckily, she can rely on valuable assistance from the DiMaggio family, including their visiting cousin, Beppi.

(can you guess who that is?)

Last edited:

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Just getting back to a WIP that needed some major work on the frame story.

Our heroine (no name as yet--will be both Wendy and Alice) is emerging from a coma and is in a state of great emotional disturbance and vaguely intrigued by the blond man in glasses who's there at her bedside... She isn't verbal yet and has no idea who she is and only a faint idea of where she is and why. But she's about to start recovering surprisingly quickly.

Elfriede

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote the opening to my novel about an addicted mother trying to look after her infant son and struggling with her spiralling addiction. All in the hellhole that is 2019 England. I'm so excited for this story!

Last edited:

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
Finished my last about 3 weeks ago, edited another one in the interim and am going to start planning my next one on Monday.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rewrote chapter seven and was about to finish chapter eight when I had an idea to cut about of half each and mash them together.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Rewrote chapter seven and was about to finish chapter eight when I had an idea to cut about of half each and mash them together.

My ideas always hit when I've just finished rewriting the whole chapter too.

But I had to do something similar too. I had to split a huge 25 page chapter into three because my beta pointed out it was in the wrong point of view and I agreed. So I had to chop the middle out and make it a separate chapter from the girl's POV.

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations--though I don't know how you could wait three weeks before starting your next novel.

I had a hard time waiting three hours.

Because I spent that time editing another novel. I finished it last week. Now I'm ready to get another one done.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I've finished what will be my 6th novel - and am in the process of editing it. Just finished the 3rd editing pass, and will take a break to work on something else for a bit, then return to it.

I self publish, so after the 4th pass, I'll put it into Kindle template, then do several more passes before sending it off to my editor. I get better feedback from my editor by giving her as clean a copy as I'm able.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations--though I don't know how you could wait three weeks before starting your next novel.

I had a hard time waiting three hours.

I have a hard time waiting until I've finished the ones I'm currently writing. I have two that I'm determined to finish and a third that the better part of my brain insisted should wait until I've finished at least one of the other two but which the less patient part of my brain caused me to already start writing.

Sarahrizz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writingstudiosarah.blogspot.com
I have a hard time waiting until I've finished the ones I'm currently writing. I have two that I'm determined to finish and a third that the better part of my brain insisted should wait until I've finished at least one of the other two but which the less patient part of my brain caused me to already start writing.

Oh my, I'm glad to hear this. I am not alone. I have one work which I consider my main work, and another two ideas I started writing a little bit for. Plus I have a Fanfiction I've been posting online, and another two ideas for other fanfiction stories to write. One of which I started writing a little bit for too. Fanfiction is a great way to experiment with different genre's and styles as a writer and I love it. A while back, about when Absolute Write started having their site issues, I finished my first draft of my main work. I'm really proud of that because it's the first time I've finished a piece this large. Now I'm working on doing self revisions before I share it with anyone. That's a personal rule, I don't share a work till I've read it and done my own personal revision. Of course it drives my mom crazy cause she just wants to read my story, but... Soon I'll begin looking for Beta reviewers because I need more than my mom's opinion on this thing.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I"m having to pause editing my sci-fi novel in hopes of brainstorming more chapters and scenes since I'm 10,000 words short of my goal. Right now it's only sitting at 55k.

In good news, I just sent out my YA urban fantasy to an editor.

indianroads

Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Finished the 6th editing pass. WC is about where I want it and I'm feeling good.

Heading out for a motorcycle ride.

Vixie

Mostly harmless liar
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost done with the first draft, turning over the box of the jigsaw looking for the last missing pieces. My dachshund must have eaten them.

indianroads

Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Finished my 7th editing pass - off it goes to my editor.

Working on the plot for my next novel - a couple of characters (mountain lions actually) showed up, and I'm not sure why they're there... this often happens, and frequently these characters end up being among the most compelling and interesting ones in the story.

JohnnyGentle

Registered
Reaction score
I've been thinking of a novel for at least two years, going to use some of this quarantine time to get it on paper. So, I'm on page 1!