Where are you? (in your novel)

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
After jotting down some notes on how a Tudor/Medieval household is run (for a fantasy novel), my character is learning all that she will (or is supposed to do) for her Master. She's not quite a servant, more of a Ward but still who knew running a Medieval household was so damn complicated? In some ways I'm glad I'm a peasant.;)

ReadWriteRachel

Probably drinking coffee.
Registered
Reaction score
About 10k words farther along than when I posted 6 days ago, which I can't complain about. ;) My MC is about to be snatched by her rival pirate clan and made an offer -- her help in leading them to the treasure in exchange for a wish to save her dying brother -- that will drive the plot for the rest of the book, so pretty big stuff!

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Albert just finished the first entry of his journal, which slides into Part One: Hoodwinked. Mimi is trying to work up enough courage to sneak back into the palace after having stolen her father's Arabian stallion.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Planning stage, but it's turning more into a raw fly-by-the-pants sort of endeavor. However, I'm really enjoying it. It's shaping up really well. Nonetheless, I'll have to edit the plan extensively before I begin a first draft.

Having fun and looking forward to see how it develops! : D

Eclipses

Registered
Reaction score
At the very beginning, after weeks of agonizing over the plot, debating with myself if it's a story worth writing, and just being like screw it in the end and giving it a shot.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Albert comes face to face with his worst nightmare: a stray dog. In his hast to flee he bumps into the villains, Parnell Drake and The Giggler.

mulcahy67

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Welp, I'm currently in the infant stages. I've had an idea that's been molded and played out a lot in my head for the past couple of months, but only now am I officially making an outline and about to make the journey. Needless to say, it's quite the exciting time, right before the real slog of the hard work, research, editing, etc. haha.

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
About two or three chapters from the "The Black Moment" where all hope is lost in my romance :cry:

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
In Lily's Volume #3, still getting her to flee Philadelphia, and discovering that yet again, I'm overcomplicating things. That poor girl will never be free if I don't get my act together.

Anyway, it's 1938 and her patient has a big clumsy cast on his broken leg. At present, he's at a hotel, inadvertently decimating lamps and tables and vases and cupids while he teaches himself to walk with crutches. If she can gain his confidence, he might hire her to manage his transport to wherever it is he resides when not at the hotel.

ReignaFTW

Registered
Reaction score
Working through the second draft of the WIP. About halfway through Act I now, and have a goal of finishing the first act rewrite by the end of this month. Have a clear idea of where it's headed, but just need the time to work on it. That whole life thing always getting in the way...

ReadWriteRachel

Probably drinking coffee.
Registered
Reaction score
Passed 21,000 words! Louise, Perry, and the crew of the Beggar's Fortune are tromping through a strange jungle and are about to stumble upon the hut of Rilla, the swamp woman who's going to shed light on the treasure hunt.

JJ Crafts

Registered
Reaction score
Have taken the week off from editing my main wip to give my brain a chance to recover and have ended up making up a whole new story idea and also finally naming the four MC's in WIP 3. Suddenly they feel like real people and I'm excited about it again. Just in time to go back to WIP 1 for more editing!!!

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Ahead of schedule (former engineer, so I schedule everything). The novel is in good shape, but I want to revisit a few chapters because something about the flow of words seems a bit off. After that, one final read through and I'm good to go.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
Plotting... perpetually plotting...

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
Still trying to get Lily out of Philadelphia when my mind skips back to an earlier couple of scenes that never worked right.

All Lily's friends are either nursing or fighting in the Spanish Civil War, and she has (readers have) received letters from time to time. But around October 1937, the letters have stopped, and Lily is going crazy with worry for her friends. She spends hours in the Free Library of Philadelphia pouring through the New York Times. My job is to show her crazy and show what the Times is reporting, and keep my readers engaged.

Show the articles in chronological order as Lily would see them? What with the way the Times handled stories about Spain in the '30s, that would be crazy-making all right, but hard going for today's readers.

Organize the stories so they begin to make sense? Then why is Lily so crazy?

Ta-da! Light goes on. Show anxious Lily in the library trying to take notes on scraps of paper, breaking pen nibs, annoying the librarian, etc., then at the end of the month, let her organize her notes and that's when readers can learn what's been going on in Spain as pr the Times.

Now if I can only get poor Lily out of Philadelphia...

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
My MC has just worked out that one of the highest ranking members of the resistance is trading information with the "antagonist". But rather than revealing his secret, she plans to work alongside him and save the world from the real threat.

Lots of grey characters and red herrings in this MS.