Where are you? (in your novel)

IanConrey

Registered
Reaction score
I am finally done with all of my own revisions for my first novel, and I am now getting it edited. Whew! Never thought i'd hit this milestone!

Lolly12

Registered
Reaction score
I am finally done with all of my own revisions for my first novel, and I am now getting it edited. Whew! Never thought i'd hit this milestone!

Good work, that is a big tick on your side.

GoSpeed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rjacques.net
Setting up for the big showdown. The MC meets the man she "killed" in the previous novel in an action packed sequence that leaves at least two secondary characters dead.

Ivanova

Registered
Reaction score
Katie and Olivia have returned from a grocery shopping trip. They purchased several things with which to experiment on the toaster.

thomasdown92

Registered
Reaction score
At this moment, Patrick insists that everyone in the camp should smoke weed in order to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
At this moment, Patrick insists that everyone in the camp should smoke weed in order to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Patrick probably survives the apocalypse.

Jenpants

Registered
Reaction score
Right now my character, Ellis, is about to carry out a hit on some unsuspecting immortal dude.

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
Eshorah has safely guided most of his students from earth to Zara. They are about to head to Isil's cottage. Isil will take Eshorah's students, and a few more groups, the rest of the way their Zarian school. Anora wants to kill everyone.

However, since I just hit 10,000 words last night, I'm not touching my manuscript today. I think I deserve a break xD

Last edited:

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I'm still running through the 4th (I think) edit of my WIP. This pass was intended to remove as much filtering as possible and reduce the word count. I'm currently 2/3 of the way through the edit and have reduced the word count by 2,054. The novel should come in somewhere north of 101,000 words.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Haven't gotten much further in my editing, but Caroline has arrived at the plantation in Georgia and is super uncomfortable about the fact that there's slavery there. Oh and that an old flame is nearby and took her for a spin around the dance floor. Also, her husband is an ass. Basically, things are not great for Caroline.

Cal_Darin

There's always another secret!
Registered
Reaction score
The villain has entered the miles-deep chasm within which an elder god slumbers, trying to wake it. The heroes are following him down, discovering when they get there that the entire floor of the chasm is the sleeping gods physical form. They're fighting their way through terrifying manifestations of the god's dreams to get to the villain and stop him from waking it up!

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
It's 1940, and Lily has just learned to drive a car.

Now, it's time for me to trash several not-quite-right scenes in favor of having her attend a Christmas party. She's not a Christian, but trying to pass as one, so this could be interesting.

More interesting, anyway, than the trashed scenes.

SophK

Registered
Reaction score
Back to Chapter 1, back to my MC turning up at a strange house in the dead of night, covered in blood.

I am so sick of chapter 1, but my mentor told me to call a halt to my larger rewrite and start again with a sharper eye on conflict and a wider view of structure. So here I am, editing and resting yet another version...

It is better but my goodness I want to move on!

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The MC's father in law has just died, and the MC sees the man she nearly had an affair with at the funeral potluck. The former sting of her attraction is gone, and she can move on with her life with the nearly affair a pleasant but foolish memory of a dream deferred that was just as well never realized.

SwallowFeather

Oops I just swallowed a feather
Registered
Reaction score
My MC is stuck on a train in a French train station while the Gestapo goes through the papers of everyone inside b/c someone just made an attempt on the life of a highly placed German officer nearby. & sitting next to her is a young man who appears to be up to something & to care very much about the suitcase he's got with him...

Kinsman

Destroyer of Keyboards
Registered
Reaction score
A minor villain about to killed but not by MC, at first he's disappointed (he wanted to make the kill) but then realizes that there are more important things going on than his own petty trials and tribulations (a moment of personal growth)

GoSpeed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rjacques.net
Winding down now. The action is over and everyone is back home where all the story lines get little red ribbons tied on them. Of course, a few new threads appear for future stories.

Spicyqueso

Registered
Reaction score
This is an interesting game. So many good sounding stories!

My main character has just entered the hidden city of the elves and even though it seems like a utopia, not everything is as it seems.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Feeling my way very slowly with this one. This WIP is unusual for me in that it's about real people about whom there is a lot of documentation. I've done plenty of reading and research, but I'm going to have to read and write kind of at the same time, I think, to keep the details fresh in my mind as I write. You know, read the chapter in my major reference book about how Barrie met the boys, then write about it. I'm just not sure how far I can get working this way. It sure isn't going to flow easily (I mean, flow from my brain onto the page; hopefully the words will flow when read by others).

But this is what my stupid mind seems to want me to work on next, so . . . Fine. Whatever, brain, I'll do it. Hope you're happy now.

ETA: I'm about 6k in, and Sylvia is meeting Barrie, a man who struck up an acquaintance with her sons while they were playing in the park with their nanny. S and B don't realize the connection until a little into the conversation.

Last edited:

SwallowFeather

Oops I just swallowed a feather
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man I love my current protag. She's in the middle of a highly dramatic meet-cute with a young member of the French Resistance whom she helped out of a tight spot, and now they're hiding in an empty warehouse sharing out their meager food supplies on an overturned crate (under which is his suitcase with highly mysterious contents), and he reverently shares out the ten roasted chestnuts she had in her bag, putting the largest one in front of her, the second largest in front of him, the third largest for her, and then she sticks her hand into the middle of this careful game to even things up a bit and suddenly her inner narration comments: Showoff!

I LOL'd for like a full minute.

PamelaC

Registered
Reaction score
My vampire protagonist is cradling the dead, bloody body of a supper club singer whom he did not kill. The dragon-shifter cops have just shown up, led by a guy who hates vampires and was secretly in love with the dead singer.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Jumped into a later scene; I don't normally write out of order, but I seem to be breaking my habits left and right with this one.

It's a seance to speak to Michael's dead brother, and he's pissed about it because he feels "Uncle Jim" has no claim on George, even to grieve for him. I mean, Michael knows that isn't entirely fair. Uncle Jim was George's foster father, and he cared about George. But of course Michael isn't feeling much like being fair at the moment...