Where are you? (in your novel)

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
Lily has been hired to nurse the triplet babies of disinterested parents. The babies' next feeding time is three hours hence, but she has no way to get milk for their formula except from this family's prizewinning horse.

YouTube to the rescue for this writer, and maybe a trip to AW's Research section. Those babies WILL survive; Lily is determined.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Niall has been lured off his path by a druid of good or evil — you decide — intentions.

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
I finally finished that chapter that was driving me bonkers, and I've started on the next one. :hooray:

S is worried about the guy she's been dating and wonders if he's doing something dangerous with his friends. They talk about it, and he tries to set her mind at ease. She'll have a lot more to worry about later on, however, when she discovers he's been keeping a big secret from her all this time.

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
Skipping back to Oct. of 1937.

Lily's been assigned a long-term half-day case--which gives her a full half day every day to pour over the latest issue of a New York Times in search of news about the Spanish Civil War. It's where all her friends are either fighting or nursing (or dead.)

For me, that means days and days of pouring over Proquest. And in the end....one or two lines about Lily's reactions to what she's read.

Believe me, it isn't going well for either of us.

blackcat777

Registered
Reaction score
Writing the end because I decided I needed to change gears, and because I felt like indulging myself.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Finished the final version of the map of the Island this takes place on, along with a list of city/castle/Duchy names and pinned it to the wall above my computer/desk so I can gaze at it for motivation when I get lazy. When I see all the work I did (there's a surprising amount of research on the ecology of Marshes :tongue and where they are normally placed)-it'll remind me to get going! I did some more chapter work, filling in the blank spots I wrote authors notes on (when I was moving at a fast pace and just couldn't get the words out so I wrote a short descriptor telling myself what'll go here when I can think straight), then I'm doing up a summary to pin down just how many books this'll be with scenes as they occur to me. Get it all down at once without details so I can refer to it when I'm *actually writing*, it's quasi seat of pants, quasi planning and it works well for me.

Mrs.Smith

Registered
Reaction score
Shea's just woken up in the hospital after being shot by her biological father and a cop has just come in to talk to her.

Two days of writing to go until the first draft is DONE.

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
Just passed the Inciting Incident where my MC discovered her missing sister was once on trial for murder. So now she can reject the Truth and continue embracing the Lie before Plot happens and knocks her on her ass into the First Plot Point.

discodowney

Registered
Reaction score
I have a couple of plot threads going.

The two subplots, but still important for overall plot:

One character just got a new shrink.
Another is about to sleep with one of his conspiracy theory group.

On the main plots:

One of the main characters is getting to know his love interest better, read stalking though he doesnt think of it that way.
The other is trying to trick a family member he hasnt seen in a long time into helping him

LARRYD

Your Tiki Tour Guide
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.larrydarter.com
After a trying day of private detecting my MC just arrived back at her hotel room to find her client dead on the floor wearing nothing but a bathrobe. She quickly realizes she is being framed for his murder.

Motley

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
On my new project, I just reached the bit where the MC finds out dirty stuff is afoot. Also, the point where I realize there was too much other stuff before this point. Sigh.

SimaLongfei

Have a laugh with me
Registered
Reaction score
The main characters think they'll return home to be at peace, only to find that reputation is a two edged sword.

GoSpeed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rjacques.net
First scene to the first chapter of my 3rd novel! GoSpeed is accompanied by a Catholic priest and an off duty police officer to visit the wife of the sailor she killed in the previous novel.

Clovitide

Registered
Reaction score
Now, in the grand adventure that is my writing life, I've reopened a short story I never finished so I can have something to show for a creative writing class I'm taking. Its roots are based on a sci-fi novel I finished a while back, kinda like history development in a way.

Then, on my WIP, my MC's best friend just found her and they are hashing out a plan of attack for escaping a training facility.

Mrs.Smith

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on chapter three of the first read-through after finishing the first draft, struggling to find a balance between line-editing and reading the story from a big-picture view.

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First drafts are so rough. I can easily see how someone would fall into the never ending editing phase and why it's recommended you just plow on through the first draft with very few tweaks and loads of author notes to yourself for where you want to fix things. This is keeping me from endlessly tweaking.

Also did an "interview your characters" exercise to get to know my characters a bit more and learned some interesting things about the antagonist. He's one of those frustratingly stubborn zealots that make you want to shake the crap out of them. Also discovered some serious unrequited and deep seeded feelings he has for another character that he's suppressing. All I thought was "oh well this will end well I'm sure." lol

So right now the heroine has just woken up from her fever dream, in her new home with her new master looming worryingly over her.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Stress in my life has really struck a blow against my daily 1000 word count. But when we last left our heroes, they were desperately trying to get out of hostile territory. One more river to cross and they've taken shelter with a tribal group one of the characters was adopted by years ago, and they think they're safe.

Little do they know...

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
After having finished two-thirds of the rewrite (if not "actually write") of my NaNo WIP, I'm now at the part of the story that I affectionately refer to as the "OH :censored" chapter.

:evil