• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Wendy Sherman Associates, Inc.

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
I sent my snail mail query to Wendy, arrived in New York June 1st 2009. I understand these folks are respectfully quick to respond, so I will keep you posted.
Erin, have you heard yet?
~ hawk

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, "Oh Richard of the Soon To Be Published Novel" ~
I just checked and was pleased to note that my query had NONE of the dreaded 11 mistakes! PHEW!! It really is a cool blog, too. Appreciate the tip.
So, give us an update on your book - when will we see it in print?
~ hawk

toddritter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.toddritteronline.com
Good luck & thank your lucky stars if you land Michelle Brower as your agent. ... She is bright as a tack, charming, pleasantly ambitious, an insightful editor.

I know I'm late to this party, but I wholeheartedly second Richard on this one. Michelle is all of those things and more. (Can you tell she's my agent, too?)

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my form letter from Wendy Sherman, "...not right for me at this time...", exactly 14 days after sending snail mail package. Quite prompt, especially for snail mail!
RATS!
Will be looking for your work on the store shelves, Richard.
~ hawk

Shari C.

It's time to try defying gravity.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
workofheart09.wordpress.com
Has anyone queried Wendy recently? When I did for my previous novel, I received an auto response confirming receipt of my query, but this time around that didn't happen. I'm wondering if they changed their policy or my query just ended up lost in cyberspace somewhere.

Lilybiz

glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
petreaburchard.com
Kimberly Perel at Wendy Sherman Associates

Has anyone had experience with Kimberly Perel at this agency? I've searched the AW forums and her name doesn't come up.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Forgot to add last year's experience:

5/21/11- Sent query to general submissions email listed (addressed to Wendy)
5/24/11- Full request from Vicky
5/31/11- Very nice rejection from Vicky

Quick and professional, love it.

rontiara

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently Wendy Sherman Associates is either out of business or they have changed their URL and domain name. www.wsherman.com is available for sale on GoDaddy, and clicking on that URL leads to a Page Not Found error.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of GoDaddy domains renewed yesterday, so it could just be a case of forgetting to update autopay info (she sez having just helped her boss deal with exactly that). Ms. Sherman is active on Twitter, so if you could ask her if it's a concern. In the meantime, her PM page: https://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/wsherman/