• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Rosenberg Group (Barbara Collins Rosenberg)

westcoast

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know of any title represented by Barbara Collins Rosenberg, or had any experience with her? She has expressed interest in my book. I've seen her website (Rosenberg Group), but it doesn't seem to list any titles sold. Please help!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
That surprised me. I queried her back in the dark ages before I knew how to research agents. She rejected me two years ago. I hadn't thought about her since.

So I had a little look around. You're right, she doesn't list any sales. Curious, I checked Preditors & Editors and found that they weren't hearing good things.

Therefore, I suggest you use a little caution and dig deeper. I'm sure there must be a thread about her elsewhere in Bewares. She's been around long enough.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Rosenberg has a history of sales since at least 2004, building on her experience with text books/university publishers. The most recent sale I'm finding is a "nice" three-book deal to Harlequin in Aug 2007 (Catherine Mann, for release 2008).

Last edited:

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not fond of this woman.
Per her request, I stupidly wrote a what amounted to a "free" marketing plan for her (for "my" book). The entire query, partial, full process ate up an entire year+. She took 9 months to reject my full MS saying, "I just sold a book exactly like yours!" (I'd be curious to see which one it might be LOL. Though this was back in 2005 and I've yet to see her make a sale)
When I asked her why she read the query, then asked for a partial with a detailed market analysis/report/strategy and then asked for a full, and took 9 months to reply, all the while knowing she (supposedly) had "something exactly like mine" on the table, she didn't reply.

It wasn't the rejection that bothered me. There was something about her that made my nose twitch.

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has heard anything else about her? Her website doesn't list any clients...I can't find much of anything.

She's scheduled for pitches up here in NH-at the NH Writer's Day conference. And of course, she's the only agent coming who handles my genre...sigh...

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Rosenberg has a history of sales since at least 2004, building on her experience with text books/university publishers. The most recent sale I'm finding is a "nice" three-book deal to Harlequin in Aug 2007 (Catherine Mann, for release 2008).

Given that Harlequin accepts unagented submissions and famously doesn't negotiate fees with new authors, it's not clear how much of a value-add she was in that particular deal.

Of course, only Ms. Mann would know, and she may well have found Ms. Rosenberg's commission more than worth it.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Any new updated experiences with Ms. Rosenberg? I just had a request for the first three chapters of my mss plus synopsis. She rejected all seven of my other projects - whether that gives her integrity, I don't know, but it at least gives a sense of prudence to what she's seeking. As a member of AAR, I would have to believe she's got some professional integrity. I suppose I'll see...Anyone? I'd love to hear further anecdotes from AWers.

HabsScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Latest Experience

I had a not so nice with her. Actually, I am seriously pissed about this. She offered me representation, I accepted and in the process turned down another agent and then she rescinded on the basis of tax complications in presenting a Canadian author.

Just sharing my experience. Lesson learned: Do nothing until you sign that agreement. One of those experiences that you got five minutes after your needed it.

Reactions: Fiender

HabsScribe

Registered
Reaction score
I had a not so nice with her. Actually, I am seriously pissed about this. She offered me representation, I accepted and in the process turned down another agent and then she rescinded on the basis of tax complications in presenting a Canadian author.

Just sharing my experience. Lesson learned: Do nothing until you sign that agreement. One of those experiences that you got five minutes after your needed it.

Presenting should read representing

JKeller

Registered
Reaction score
Did this agency ever get better sales? I have an R+R option I'm considering from her.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Would you like to share your own experiences over the last year, since you got a request from this agency? That would be very helpful to this discussion and to the community in general.

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Also wondering about anyone's experience with her lately. She just requested a partial from me.

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
She requested a partial pretty quickly and then rejected it after a week with a form.