• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Foundry Literary + Media

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Sam Morgan, a post on QueryTracker says he's listing himself as with the Lotts Agency on an upcoming conference bio, but I'm still confused as to why his own internet presence in several places still lets people think he's at Foundry, AND there's no mention of him on either agency's page. Is this normal for an agent in transition? It's been almost three months now, that I'm aware of.
I've been hesitant to put any men on my "to be queried" list, but he seems like one I might try, as long as there are no warning flags. I am not sure how to interpret all this, whether it's "business as usual" or "big red flag."

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Agents are busy people and updating the website comes as a pretty low priority. Depends on how savvy they are with web design, they may pay someone to run the website and are waiting for that person to do it.

JKeller

Registered
Reaction score
Sarah Lewis of Foundry requested a partial during PitMad, which I sent the following day on 9/6. It's been much more than the 8 weeks that the website states, but usually if the agent requests the materials, you get some kind of response. I know it's the holidays, so I'm unsure if it's just a longer wait time or if I should CNR it.

There's another agent at Foundry I'd love to send my other book to but I don't want to submit to two agents at once (especially with their strict warning on the sub page). When do I officially CNR the first one? Does a no response after 8 weeks include partial requests too at Foundry or just cold queries?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Sarah Lewis of Foundry requested a partial during PitMad, which I sent the following day on 9/6. It's been much more than the 8 weeks that the website states, but usually if the agent requests the materials, you get some kind of response. I know it's the holidays, so I'm unsure if it's just a longer wait time or if I should CNR it.

There's another agent at Foundry I'd love to send my other book to but I don't want to submit to two agents at once (especially with their strict warning on the sub page). When do I officially CNR the first one? Does a no response after 8 weeks include partial requests too at Foundry or just cold queries?

I wouldn't close it yet. I daresay most agents take more than eight weeks to respond to a partial, and as you pointed out, it *is* the holidays. I'd do nothing until January (or maybe even February), then, if you still haven't heard anything, send a polite nudge and go from there. Good luck!

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score

I'd wait longer. There've been times I've waited that long to hear about something - and I'm signed with the publisher! You learn fast that "eight weeks" means nothing of the sort. I'm still waiting for a phone call that was arranged for mid-March!

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
The two founders running this agency went on to found individual agencies. Peter McGuigan became Ultra Literary. Yfat Reiss Gendell became YRG Partners. Foundry was supposed to continue paying authors with contracts there.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw...ndry-s-co-owners-launching-new-companies.html

Previously it was noted that authors were waiting on payments.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw...thors-seek-missing-payments-from-foundry.html

Peter McGuigan is now filing a suit against Yfat Reiss Gendell for allegedly taking agency money for personal use.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw...t-against-former-foundry-partner-gendell.html

I don't have personal knowledge/experience of this, but saw the articles hadn't been posted here.