Last Movie You Watched...

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
Psycho II. Obviously not as good as the legendary Psycho, but I still really like it and this was my 2nd watch.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I watched Detective Pikachu for the second time. First time was at the movie theater. My mom, who has only played Pokemon Go, recognized Psyduck and me and my little sister were so proud of her.

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paullamb.wordpress.com
My wife and I went to the local art house and saw the documentary Maiden, about the first all-female team in the Whitbred around-the-world yacht race. The subject was fascinating, the griefs and struggles and triumphs of the women were well drawn out, the the story was heartwarming. But my wife commented that she wished there had been more about the actual time sailing (aside from very old and grainy footage). Still, it was a good film about striving and human achievement, especially against not only the uncaring sea but the boys' club of yacht racing at the time.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I went to the local art house and saw the documentary Maiden, about the first all-female team in the Whitbred around-the-world yacht race.

They did a piece about this on Fresh Air a month or 2 ago. Fascinating story! We're lucky there's any footage of the sailing at all -- apparently all the other teams rejected the idea of having someone with a camera aboard, but they welcomed it, so they're the ones who got their story filmed.

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
Along Came A Spider

It has all the formulaic elements of a successful thriller. I took notes while watching it. :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Alien Predator (aka The Falling). Remember how annoying Lynn-Holly Johnson was in her relatively small part in For Your Eyes Only? She's on screen for 95% of this and my ears are bleeding.

Also, the movie is dreck.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I found this gem on both Prime and Tubi: Walk of the Dead/Vengeance of the Zombies. It has everything: Fake mystic reeling in the rich suckers. Brainless women. Hysterically inept mashups of the Black Mass and voodoo. Paul Naschy chewing every bit of scenery he can get his teeth into. Best of all: a 'Shock Warning' screen before the gory parts, in the best William Castle style.

This is a must watch! Put down all beverages when you do or you'll ruin the furniture.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Giant Claw, one of the most notoriously bad of the Z grade movies. Full of reversed stock footage, wires, and obvious rear projections. Jeff Morrow, the lead actor, didn't see the final cut until the premiere in his hometown; he was so embarrassed when people started laughing when the monster was first shown, he left the theater.

bugbite

Registered
Reaction score
Skyscraper with the rock, some parts could have been better.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I only get to watch movies when on planes. Today's excursion gave me Rocketman, the Elton John biopic/musical. I enjoyed it, despite the interruptions for announcements and cabin crew dishing out food and alcohol.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
The Giant Claw, one of the most notoriously bad of the Z grade movies. Full of reversed stock footage, wires, and obvious rear projections. Jeff Morrow, the lead actor, didn't see the final cut until the premiere in his hometown; he was so embarrassed when people started laughing when the monster was first shown, he left the theater.

Movies like that can be entertaining.

Crazy on the Outside