Last Movie You Watched...

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
What was the last movie you watched, or currently watching...

Right now I am watching The Punisher. Great movie! :popcorn:

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
'Simpsons' in the theater -- very funny.

'Lady Vanishes' on DVD. Hitchcock's best film. Yes, I said it.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The Simpsons movie... just got back from it. It's okay... I was kind of bored. Perhaps it was because I wasn't really in a good mood going to the theater...

Saw Sunshine yesterday. Great movie (except maybe the last 20 minutes).

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
The Simpsons--so glad it's finally on the big screen---took long enough :)

Very funny movie, especially (well I wont give away too much) except it's towards the end :) But a very funny movie and just like the television show...only they can get away with more

For those who saw it, you'll get this line "First door on the right."

Just Mike

A trifle upsetting, isn't he
Registered
Reaction score
Hard Boiled, which is a classic of its genre. Lots of shooting and dying and angst if you're into that sort of thing.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Training Day.

For some reason, I thought it was some macho feelgood movie about an army rookie, where the Sergeant shouts at him a lot but ends up respecting him and everyone learns and grows, so I didn't bother.

Liked the mayhem and the immorality a lot better.:D

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
"I Know What The Spider Pig Does"

It was an excellent movie. The lead character, Marge, had her hair in a beautiful blue..would you call it 'bouffant'? And the continuing romantic sub-plots were touching.

One of the other younger characters, Bart had a brief 'Daniel Radcliff' moment. And of course, that precious baby, Maggie, stole the show in the end.

It was everything that I had hoped for and more, although I did miss the aliens. It was worth seeing it at full price last night instead of saving two bucks on the matinee.

...."can he swing from a web, no he can't cause he's a pig...."

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Premonition on DVD. Mildly disappointed.

We'll be seeing spider pig soon. Do ya'll think it's too much for a mature 10-year-old? He really wants to see it, but after the nudity in The Last Mimzy, I'm kind of scared of letting him see anything without me pre-screening.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
Finished watching Black Snake Moan---very odd movie...

Watched last night also The Devil Wears Prada.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Covenant--4 buff teen boys, the descendants of real witches, make pact with Satan, do evil stuff, yada, yada. Eye candy factor: 10. Plot holes: big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Plot resolution: nonexistent, prepare for direct-to-vid sequels. However, overall not too bad. Needed a moral stand: were the guys good or evil? The movie tried to stay neutral, which didn't work when Hero Boy had to save his GF from Villain Boy--and both were witches.

If you haven't seen it, The Illusionist with Edward Norton. Surprisingly good. The ending fooled me! It almost erased the permanent image of Norton in Death to Smoochy from my brain. (Loved that moivie. If you had to sit through even half an hour of a Barney episode, rent it.)

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
They've already announced the Covenant sequel at Comic-Con. The way the producer or whoever he was went on, you'd think they were taking it straight to theaters.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
The Covenant--4 buff teen boys, the descendants of real witches, make pact with Satan, do evil stuff, yada, yada. Eye candy factor: 10. Plot holes: big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Plot resolution: nonexistent, prepare for direct-to-vid sequels. However, overall not too bad. Needed a moral stand: were the guys good or evil? The movie tried to stay neutral, which didn't work when Hero Boy had to save his GF from Villain Boy--and both were witches.

The Covenant starred Steven Strait. I forgave everything else. :D

I just watched The Karate Kid for the eight hundredth time. God, I miss Pat Morita...

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
"The Mother", an interesting film about an older woman who's husband unexpectedly dies. She moves in with her children and ends up having an affair with the builder (who is also her daughter's boyfriend). Not bad.