Last Movie You Watched...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hamilton. Very long. Quite intense. Amazing on many levels. Don't watch late at night. It does weird things to your dreams.

Oh, and I'm cursing Lin-Manuel a lot, since I've got King George's songs stuck in my head. *sigh*

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
The child in me needed to watch the sequel to Frozen. So, I acquest her request this evening, and bawled my eyes out watching it.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Watched Psych the Movie 2: Lassie Come Home . I love Psych so I was waiting for this movie to come out for a while. It did not disappoint. It was hilarious. :ROFL:

badatwriting

Registered
Reaction score
Since coming home from school for quarantine, I've watched a movie almost everyday haha. This morning I watched Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple, the second film in Hiroshi Inagaki's Samurai triology. I thought it was good but very flawed, with a bit too much melodrama for my taste.

I've been tracking my film viewing on Letterboxd if you're interested in keeping up with it: https://letterboxd.com/funnyfishman/ I'll follow back anyone who follows me.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Currently watching "Star War The Third Gathers: Backstroke of the West" which is a fan-dub of the English captions of a very low quality pirated copy of Star Wars episode 3. Besides some incredibly funny lines it really illustrates just how...not important a lot of the movie is. Like why is C3PO just...there? Why does R2D2 have all these random powers? Anakin sure did go to the dark side without a lot of build up. And yet the things that happen are more coherent and have more build up than in ROS!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted, I think the third time I've seen it.

I love it, it's one of my favorite Muppet movies and just about every joke lands perfectly. Constantine the World's Most Dangerous Frog is hilarious, Piggy's got great outfits, the songs are funny. It cracks me up from start to finish, though I get why it's a base-splitter for the franchise.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Old Guard My little sisters hated it, but I didn't think it was terrible. Decent. It had a really cool premise that I think would have worked better as a TV show.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Just watched Midsommar and ohhhh that was such a nice movie. The shots were framed so well, I loved the details/sfx to replicate what the characters were seeing, the tone/tension was great and the subversion of various horror movie tropes were really clever. It's available on Amazon Prime streaming and it very much is an R-rated movie, so cw for the types of things you'd expect to see in a film like that.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched Midsommar and ohhhh that was such a nice movie. The shots were framed so well, I loved the details/sfx to replicate what the characters were seeing, the tone/tension was great and the subversion of various horror movie tropes were really clever. It's available on Amazon Prime streaming and it very much is an R-rated movie, so cw for the types of things you'd expect to see in a film like that.

We just watched it this weekend. It was so gruesome at points it was tough to watch. But definitely well done.

PamelaC

Registered
Reaction score
Hamilton. The answer is always Hamilton because I watch at least some of it nearly every day, even if it's just a song or two. The addiction is real. When I'm not watching it I'm listening to it. And when I can't do either, it's in my head and I'm singing it to myself. I'll probably need an intervention at some point, but right now I'm just enjoying the ride.

TeresaRose

Registered
Reaction score
Watched the original "Planet of the Apes" the other night. What a great concept, and execution. Back in those days, I'm not sure if there were query letters. But if there was, would it start something like: Imagine a planet run by intelligence and strict order. One in which humans are not in charge. A planet ruled by apes!

Very interesting to read that the twist at the ending was not from the book, but added by Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame, who wrote the screenplay.

mewellsmfu

Registered
Reaction score
Airplane.

Because I needed a good laugh and "Don't call me Shirley," is one of the best lines ever.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Enola Holmes, on Netflix.

It's an juvenile adventure fantasy romp based on a YA novel by Nancy Springer. PROS: The hero (played by Millie Bobby Brown) is very engaging. And it's refreshing to see a 16-year-old character played by a 16-year-old! The production values are very high -- sets, costumes, locations, actors, visuals all top notch. (The film was originally intended for theatrical release and spent its money where you could see it!) CONS: Its connections to actual Sherlock Holmes are pretty thin (the characters called "Sherlock" and "Mycroft" don't really resemble Doyle's Sherlock and Mycroft very much at all, to the point the Doyle estate is apparently suing them). For serious Sherlockians that's a problem. It's not much in terms of period authenticity either, the plot has holes you could drive a train through if you stopped long enough to think about it, and the pacing is... a bit odd. I would guess the target audience is young teen girls, which I am not. If I were I'd eat it up with a spoon. (And some whipped cream for the dishy young Marquess.) As an old fart, I judge it as: Entertaining enough.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Star Wars Episode 4-A New Hope, Saturday Night Fever, and Hereditary.

Saturday Night Fever we watched with our 14 year old girls and holy racist, accepting rape-culture movie. I guess I hadn't seen the movie before-just bits and pieces. Yikes. I mean, I know it was probably true to the times and culture, but...whoa. The sound track though...PHENOMENAL!

Hereditary I really enjoyed. Definitely creeped me out and gave me a couple of jump scares (which is rare).

Last edited:

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
The secret life of Walter Mitty.
I've never heard of it before, but I guessed I should try something new. I absolutely loved it. I don't think I've ever recognized myself this much in a movie character. All the daydreaming about what he really wants to do, but so much hesitation to do anything at all. I think I smiled through the whole movie.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Mystery Road (on Prime) and Goldstone (on Netflix). A pair of Australian movies, very bleak -- almost nihilistic -- but beautifully filmed. The genre is mystery, the mode is Western: a lone gunman (detective) comes to town and stirs up trouble and secrets. The series Mystery Road, now on Acorn, appears to be set between the two movies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
So, I've never been a fan of Harry Potter (certainly not interested now, thanks to J.K.), but I'd always heard how people grew up with the characters as the books progressed, and I've kinda wished I could experience that with a piece of storytelling,

Well, my husband and I watched the last Digimon movie last night. Having grown up watching the original shows when I was the same age as the characters, now seeing a movie where those characters are getting out of college and starting their lives really hit home for me. The movie featured some excellent character writing paired with a poignant message (and some wicked awesome action scenes and terrific sound design). I almost cried at two points in the movie.