Last Movie You Watched...

TinaG

Registered
Reaction score
Lost Girl.. it was a little long and unrealistic however I liked it perhaps due to its twisted ending venturing away from the cliche good guy wins ending.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Finally watched The Sixth Sense for the first time. I knew the ending, and it was interesting to watch knowing that. My family even said it was a whole different experience knowing the ending.

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
The Predator.

It was my friend's birthday and he loves that franchise. It was rather meh for me.

That's what I heard from my sister. She saw it over the weekend. I honestly only saw bits of the first movie so I can't give an honest opinion.

But I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs the World recently for the umpteenth time. It never get's old for me.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Showed my 15-year-old son "Kinky Boots" -- He loved it.

He showed me "Scott Pilgrim" -- It was a movie. I didn't hate it, and now I get some pop-culture references I didn't get before.

Meh.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i think i sat thru 20 minutes of Justice League before getting restless and leaving the room. LOL
i'm not a big DC fan. only really liked the Wonder Woman movie. (although i like Raven from Teen Titans, so i'll prolly check that out once it's out)

I'm a Marvel fan. LOL

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Pumpkinhead. I watch horror all year long, but try to watch at least one a day during October. And I had never seen it. It was ok. The actual monster/demon/whatever looked cool though. I am a sucker for old-school practical effects.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
The House With a Clock In Its Walls. I wasn't all that impressed. I liked the basic story, and Owen Vaccaro did a great job as Lewis. I just had a really hard time with Jack Black in a serious part. He was trying too hard to force the comedy here, and it wasn't designed as a comedy. Cate Blanchett had a terrific part and could have done a lot more with it, but it felt like she was being forced to hit certain marks that were themselves forced. It was a good story, and most of the effects were pretty good. I didn't hate it, but I wish we hadn't seen it in a theater.

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
The Glass Castle. Absolutely terrific. The film ended up making me read the novel, which was also fantastic.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Rifftrax has a Columbus/Indiginous People's Day sale this weekend, so I grabbed a couple of titles. Tonight, we watched The Phantom Creeps, the movie-edit version of a 1940's serial starring Bela Lugosi, a giant metal robot, and not much else. (A few episodes of TPC were featured in MST3K episodes.) An evil doctor (Lugosi, of course) uses a meteorite and a new element to power a number of nasty devices, which both a spy ring and the government want... I think. Really, there wasn't much plot to the serial eps, and there's even less when it's edited together into a movie. If you thought the movie edit of the Buck Rogers serial was confusing and aimless, this is at least as bad, possibly worse, and I didn't think that was possible. As a bonus, when the evil doctor goes on an explosion spree at the end, they use what sure looks like actual footage of the Hindenburg disaster. Talk about tacky... Some fun riffs, but even with the crew along this one kept losing my attention, and I couldn't be talked into a rewatch.

More fun, and thankfully shorter, were a couple riffed vintage shorts, one on following instructions and the other on making outlines.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Watched the second of my Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day Rifftrax purchases, 1992's Rescue Me, riffed by Bridget Nelson and Mary Jo Pehl. Oversheltered teen Fraser follows his unrequited crush Ginny when she goes to meet her boyfriend - only to stumble into an illegal business deal gone bad. When Ginny's kidnapped by two of the goons, Fraser tracks down the third and blackmails him into a cross-country rescue operation/coming-of-age road trip.

This is actually a leftover 80's movie that was stuck in limbo until a 1992 release (which looks like it was either to TV or direct to video), and boy does it show. Ridiculous plot, terrible dialog, scenes that skirt the edge of its rating and comedy that isn't even close to funny, overuse of 80's rock songs sung by a nobody band that was coincidentally featured in the movie... Definitely a step up on all levels from The Phantom Creeps, but do not attempt watching without riffing.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Tales From the Hood 2

Yes, they made a second one. Just like the first one; with the same lack of a budget, unsubtle commentary, and cringey humor. And its got Keith David! I hope they make more.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Mandy.

Hmm. I suppose I liked it, but the first half is draggy and the second half is as aggressively surreal and cartoonishly violent as possible. Though I did enjoy the chainsaw fight. Nic Cage was fabulous, as usual, but the standout was Linus Roach as the cult leader.

LesFewer

Registered
Reaction score
We saw Spawn. The villain was horrible, the main character was whiny enough to be irritable, the action was okay. Overall it wasn't horrible, if you absolutely have to fill two hours of your life with something, you could do worse than Spawn.

Last edited:

jmurray2112

Registered
Reaction score
The Shot-Caller, with Jaime Lanister. I mean, the guy who played Jaime Lanister. Had to google it - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. I though it was well acted, and held my attention well enough, but in the end, it didn't seem like there was an equal sign in the story math. There you go, my tepid recommendation.