Last Movie You Watched...

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
ETA: Another gripe now that we're 1/3 through the sequel to Kingsman: Why is "bigger and louder the only rule for sequels? What happened to characterization and empathy? It's obvious Colin Firth was the glue holding the first movie together. I'm about to put my thumb on the fast-forward button and keep it there. :mad:

I got a little squicked out during the planting of the bug, much more so than I did at the end of the first movie. But other than that, I pretty much like Golden Circle. Except for the song at the end.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Won't You Be My Neighbor? A moving tribute to Mr. Rogers and his Neighborhood. All the feels. If you were ever a child, go see it!

PhoenixFlower

Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of movies. For me, TV Shows is where it is at. For me, it's like the difference between a short story and a novel. Since I don't read many short stories, I prefer things that go on for a while.

That being said the last thing I watched was Star Wars: The Last Jedi......

Let's just not talk about all the plot problems that movie has..... -sigh-.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Sunshine (early Cillian Murphy). The sun is dying and a ship of the usual suspects heads out to launch a special bomb into it to reboot it.

Weirder than I remembered. A combo of 2001 and Event Horizon (Yes, I know Event Horizon was later, but that's the impression)

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Sunshine (early Cillian Murphy). The sun is dying and a ship of the usual suspects heads out to launch a special bomb into it to reboot it.

Weirder than I remembered. A combo of 2001 and Event Horizon (Yes, I know Event Horizon was later, but that's the impression)

Did you see the thing where Hillary Swank and some ppl have to bore to the center of the Earth because the core stopped spinning, to ... reboot the planet? Epically hilarious.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Did you see the thing where Hillary Swank and some ppl have to bore to the center of the Earth because the core stopped spinning, to ... reboot the planet? Epically hilarious.

Oh, yes. Not a fan of Swank or Eckhart. The movie did have one good bit of dialogue when they go to the crackpot inventor to get his device that will Save The World (pulled this from IMDB):

General Thomas Percell: What would it take to get it done in three months?
Dr. Ed 'Braz' Brazzelton: Fifty billion dollars
General Thomas Percell: [deadpan] Will you take a cheque?
Dr. Josh Keyes: You should use a credit card. You get miles.

ETA: I'm 1/3 through Geostorm and it's making The Core and The Day After Tomorrow look like Shakespeare. Despite Gerard Butler *sigh*

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

A great movie, IMO. But yeah, once they find the Icarus I it gets weird and becomes kind of supernatural-ish. Boyle says he did not intend to include supernatural elements, but I don't care, that old captain's a Cenobite.

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Unthinkable [/FONT][FONT=&quot](2010)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A Muslim American tells the authorities that he has placed three nuclear bombs in cities throughout the US. Then begins a taut, tense drama with a great cast making the most of a finely written script. The moral lines keep shifting as the time to detonation nears. This is not for the squeamish so be warned. Excellent and highly recommended.[/FONT]

MatthewSteele

Registered
Reaction score
The Girl with All the Gifts

Watched this because I just finished the book. All movies made form books have to change the story in some way, but I felt this one made changes that entirely defeated the main plot and uniqueness of the story.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
dvd: Specimen

yeah.... an alien movie with Zack Morris. lol definitely has that made for tv feel. came out in 96. but it's good for a rainy 2 hours....or when it's too hot outside...

BlindAsylum

Registered
Reaction score
Turns out, I was looking for something that would spur a little creative inspiration. So what I settled on was Into The Wild - the true story about a college graduate who loves to read and write (total coincidence I didn't know about at first) who travels all around the US and meets some very interesting people. I'd never seen it before, but absolutely loved it. It's one of those movies that's got to find its way onto my movie collection one of these days. Total cult classic with a whole ton of Americana vibes flowing through it. I'm all over that. Very high recommendations as far as I'm concerned.

Will Collins

Will Collins
Registered
Reaction score
Black Panther, really enjoyed it, especially liked both the villains.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Young Mr. Lincoln- John Ford

This was my first John Ford movie. I LOVED it. It took me a while to watch, due to extenuating circumstances, but each moment was pivotal. A GREAT film! :D

rainbowsheeps

Registered
Reaction score
I watched Out of Sight (again) last night... adaptation of the Elmore Leonard novel, with George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Ving Rhames, and more. I love it. Such a good adaptation of that book. I then read up on Leonard's reaction to the movie. Apparently he liked what the screenwriter did in adding some flashbacks and adding a scene to the ending.

gemllama

stumbling along, scribbling words
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I watched Tusk on Netflix. I think I would have been better off if I hadn't...

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Skyscraper -- just what you think it is, in a good and terrible way.

It's not a good movie (thin plot, hackneyed dialogue, super obvious kind of low-rent Die Hard thing going on), but if you expect/want a mindless hour and a half of serious cheese topped with sfx and the Rock running around, see it (in 3D if you can). Also, so that's where Neve Campbell went!

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
Skyscraper -- just what you think it is, in a good and terrible way.

It's not a good movie (thin plot, hackneyed dialogue, super obvious kind of low-rent Die Hard thing going on), but if you expect/want a mindless hour and a half of serious cheese topped with sfx and the Rock running around, see it (in 3D if you can). Also, so that's where Neve Campbell went!

Which is exactly why I will wait for the DVD or the Netflix lol

I watch Pretty Woman for the first time in my life yesterday. Wasn't half bad though I wish there was more conflict happening with the plot.

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
I think the original version was supposed to be much darker, but there was a rewrite along the way.

oh yeah that's what my friend was telling me. I wonder how that would have been? Was it under the same title except with a more ironic meaning.

Last edited: