AW is an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon UK affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a
voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

online thriller school

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: How Pagan or Wiccan is Harry, really?

Threaded View

She's the creepy-looking dude Shwebb's Avatar

How Pagan or Wiccan is Harry, really?

*Sigh* I know. Another Harry Potter thread. But I really want to know, straight from the folks, here, who know.

My best friend says she heard that some Wiccans were concerned when the books first started coming out--they wanted to warn people that the spells were too realistic for children to be reading them; that JKR did her research too well and the books could be dangerous to those who wanted to dabble.

Were there really Wiccans who feel this way or felt this way? Are there Pagans or Wiccans who don't like what Harry Potter books have done for/against the religion, itself?

BTW, I know how lame this question might sound. But I'm really that clueless.

I've certainly heard a lot of opinions on it from Christians (many of whom haven't read the books). I'd really like to hear some opinions from a different perspective, if y'all don't mind.
    Last edited by Shwebb; 07-23-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Need to clarify. I guess.
    Yep. It's my blog, again. Sorta like looking in someone's medicine cabinet, but much more boring.
    Last update: Fall, 2009 with random family pictures and no explanations.