Query Letter Concern

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering what I should do about a query letter:

I don't have any writing credits to put in my bio (never been published in a magazine, etc.). So what should I put in the biography section of the query letter? Nothing? I'm just not sure what to do.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't have anything to put in the biography section, don't put in a biography section.

You'll do just fine without it. Save the space and put in something about why you're querying that particular agent.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
You can put in what experience you have that makes you qualified to write about the topic matter in the novel, eg. if it's about a blind person, you could list courses you have taken in sign language, a blind relative you have etc.

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any writing credits to put in my bio (never been published in a magazine, etc.). So what should I put in the biography section of the query letter? Nothing? I'm just not sure what to do.

If the agent requests a bio section, then you have to supply it. Just a few choice facts: maybe what you do for a living, some interesting things you've done, where you live, etc., how long you've been writing. Keep it to two or three sentences.

Otherwise, leave it out. My agent didn't ask me for bio stuff until he started putting my manuscript out to publishers.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Just leave it out - no worries - we all started somewhere! At some point ever single one of us were unpubilshed.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your replies everyone! I'll tank the bio section unless it's specifically asked for.

HorrorWriter

It's a new dawn. It's a new day.
Registered
Reaction score
In your closet with the Boogeyman's corpse!
Nienna,
I don't have any publishing credits either. Don't include it in your query if you don't have any. Don't sweat it. I've had 2 requests for fulls regardless of credits. Good luck! ;)