Status
Not open for further replies.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
The Panera I was going to book us at is just north of I-70, at the Reynoldsburg exit. I thought about Easton, but I'm afraid the out-of-towners might get bepuzzled.

I'll post directions to this particular Panera in a day or two.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Preyer sent me a PM. He has to work on Saturdays so he can't make it.

Sorry you're not likely to make it Cath.

Still waiting to hear from more of you. Puma

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
OK, so far the only person I know for sure is coming is Puma... if anyone else is interested in attending a meet-up in Columbus, please PM me by the end of the week. We're looking at holding it July 28 at 1:00.

I know darn well there's more Buckeyes -- and folks from other nearby states -- out there!!

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but I won't be able to make it. Hubby is, indeed, working his 12-hour shifts that weekend, and he can't even request a vacation day right now; there are too many people on his schedule off on workers' comp. :(

I'd still love to meet up sometime soon, though.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
OK, folks, looks like the July 28th date will have to be scrapped due to everyone's crazy schedules.

We're now thinking of Sunday, August 12th. PM me or post it here if you can make it that afternoon instead.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Come on Ohio AWers (and anyone in a surrounding state who wants to pop in). Join us on Sunday, August 12, 1pm, Panera Bread - Reynoldsburg exit off I-70 east. Did you know Panera even makes chocolate filled croissants - just perfect for writers. And the chocolate nut bagels - yum! Come and join us! Puma

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cath, Puma, I can do Cinci!

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
I'll do my darndest to talk hubby into Columbus. (I'd need to borrow his car)

Kimmi, I promise, next time hubby's working down in Cinci, I'll join him and we'll meet up. :)

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I can literally walk to Ohio from my house and be there within 2 minutes. I'm not sure how long the drive from my area to any of the marker cities of Ohio will be, but I know it's not very long at all.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
We've gotten some responses to the Ohio get together but there are still quite a few people we haven't heard from. So - how about it, the rest of you in Ohio (and close to Ohio), are you going to be able to join us on Sunday, August 12th, on the east side of Columbus? Hope you are. Puma

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
OHIO - Issues needing resolution

PattitheWicked can't make it on August 12 now and the room at Panera is only available from 2 to 3. So - we need some input from those of you who were hoping to come - and everyone else who didn't respond who might like to come to an Ohio get together.

Should we postpone the get together and make it later in the fall - could more people come then?

Should we go ahead with August 12 at 1pm and meet at either Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel at the same exit off I-70 or at the Bob Evans at the Gahanna exit off I-270? (I don't think an hour at Panera is going to cut it; we might have to wait for a table for a few minutes at either restaurant.)

Let me know by posting in this thread or send me a pm. Puma

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
The Ohio AW Get Together scheduled for August 12 is cancelled - apparently no one could come then. Maybe later in the year. Puma

Braydie

Registered
Reaction score
Puma,

Thanks for keeping us posted. A get-together is such a good idea. Maybe it will work out later.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Puma. I haven't even been able to look at the calendar--so much as been going on, lately. I really do want to get together with everyone.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I'll be able to make room in my schedule at any time in order to meet up with you guys (not because my schedule's loose, per se, but because I have no problems dropping whatever I'm doing to go there. Just ask my supervisor).

I really hope we can get together soon. I'm still pumped up about it.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
We'll see what we can do Tsuki. I'm glad to hear you're pumped about getting together. I've been having fun reading the thread about St Louis and seeing some pictures of the AW group. We can do it too, Ohio and neighbors. Puma

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We'll see what we can do Tsuki. I'm glad to hear you're pumped about getting together. I've been having fun reading the thread about St Louis and seeing some pictures of the AW group. We can do it too, Ohio and neighbors. Puma
Can we so Cinci Puma,.
Hey Suki

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kimmi - The problem with Cincy is there are more AWers in the northern part of the state than in the south. Why don't you think about setting something up for the southern AWers (but make it open to anyone in Ohio) and include your closer neighbors in Kentucky, West Virginia, and Indiana in the invite. I don't see anything wrong with having more than one get together per state. Puma

Status
Not open for further replies.