Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I signed a contract in April with a small christian publisher. I won't mention any names, but they are a well thought of royalty publisher. I asked my editor a question today about when the book might be coming out. She said they were cutting back on mass market and were finicially unable to follow thru with pre-k books.

I will have my rights returned to me and can seek publication elsewhere. Wow - this stinks. I sent it out to five small presses and had two offers before I eventually signed with this company. Does this make me tainted goods to an agent?

Jedi Dad

Writing with Force
Registered
Reaction score
Thats realy a bummer. Sorry to hear.:cry:

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What sad news--sorry! I don't know the answer to your question, but I know I'd probably resubmit it, regardless, to the ones who were interested--as well as some other ones. If it was good enough the first time around, it'll be good enough the second!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a shame. Yes, resubmit it. Your editor should have called you herself. I would first contact the publishers who were interested before and see if they are still interested.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, you guys. I know you all understand how heart breaking it is! :Hug2: It makes the blow less fatal! Thanks for caring guys.

I will send it to those who were interested and email the agents I have a good relationship with. This is a big bummer but perhaps it just wasn't meant to be with this publisher.

Thanks guys! God bless!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I'd do as SoccerMom suggests and requery those agents who were interested before. It's no reflection on you at all! Publishing companies suffer from financial difficulties just like any company. Your work is blameless as it hadn't yet contributed to the bottom line.

Good luck!

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
All this really helps me feel a little better, guys. Thanks so much for replying! I keep trying to tell myself that at least I got out before they had more money trouble. Perhaps they wouldn't have been able to produce a quality book or put money up to market and make it a success. That's what I'm "TELLING myself" anyway!

Wow. We work on things for month after month, sometimes year after year and just when we think we've crossed the finish line. Pow-ee! Mushroom cloud! ouch. It stings! I feel like Farrah Faucet without any aqua net. Bummer.

Thanks again for the outpour of support guys. I really appreciate it! :Hug2:

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
Well, I'm sure others will be along who know a bit more about it, but for my own part, I'd leave it off and start afresh.
They stood on their own once. Use that same old winning formulae again.

Status
Not open for further replies.