• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

AMB Literary Management

Mama Bro

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marileebrothers.com
Hello everyone,
Just checking in to see if anyone has any info on the literary agent Amy Moore Benson. In January, she requested my entire ms. Since I've heard nothing, thought I would drop her an email. Lo and behold, her Website is gone! The email I sent bounced back. She's located in Toronto and sounded legit. She had a background as an editor with Harlequin. Any information would be appreciated.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
January '07:

Marcia King-Gamble's fourth romance in her Flamingo Beach series and two more romances in a new series featuring a life coach, to Mavis Allen at Kimani, by Amy Moore-Benson of AMB Literary Management (world). - Publisher's Lunch 1/16/07​

She was still around in February: http://www.sarahweinman.com/confessions/2007/02/richards_goes_r.html

Also in February:

German rights to Cathy Vasas-Brown's thriller SAFE AS CHURCHES, to Jutta Schneider at Luebbe, by Amy Moore-Benson of AMB Literary Management.​

March '07:

http://www.quillandquire.com/announcement/index.cfm?act=main_detail&announce_posting_id=1231

But the website is indeed down. http://www.ambliterarymanagement.com/

Nothing on the web since early March that I can find. So ... I don't know.

Anne Lyle

Fantastic historian
Registered
Reaction score
Cambridge, UK. Or 1590s London. Some days it's har
Website
www.annelyle.com
I can understand a temporary problem with a website and associated email addresses - if the people hosting the domain go bust, that address may well become uncontactable*. However if it was my business at stake, I'd immediately set up an account elsewhere, e.g. on gmail, and mail all my clients to explain the problem. Short of a major personal disaster, there's no good reason these days to remain uncontactable for lengthy periods of time. Which is not to say that an apparently legit agent shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt, since disaster can happen to us all.

Not that I'm an expert, but I'd send a polite letter to her snail-mail address, saying you've tried to get in touch, but in the absence of further contact you will be submitting to other agents. Even if you agreed to an exclusive, that shouldn't be open-ended. Be polite and professional - if she's still in business and wants to represent you, I'm sure she'll get back. If not, well you have no contract with her, so no loss really...

JM2C

* Which is why my domain name stays with my registrar, and just points to my hosting company's nameservers.

Mama Bro

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marileebrothers.com
AMB

Hey, thanks to both of you for the quick response. I've been bummed about this mainly because of the hassle it was to mail a ms. to Canada. Sounds like she's alive and well and selling books. I'll take your advice and write a polite letter of inquiry.
Oh yikes, my paranoia's kicking in! It must be me! I'll bet she's thrown up a shield against my incoming emails. Only me! Why, God??? Can you tell I write fiction?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website still MIA, but she has recent deals with Key Porter Books, Kensington, and Harlequin.

mark2one

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if Mama Bro or anyone else has heard back from Amy Moore-Benson or had any other interactions with her?

LadyLex

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering querying AMB. Does anyone have any recent experience with them? Thanks