A Note for Ally

Yeshanu

A challenge for all you NaNo writers and other interested folks. Ally (Kida) was given permission to take yesterday off school by her doting and extremely generous parents so that she could finish her NaNo project. Now she needs a note to take to her teacher.

Here's the one her father wrote for her:

Ally was away yesterday because she was dead, but she's better now.

Here's the one I gave her when she said her dad's wasn't good enough:

C#

She didn't like that one either, which means she still needs a note. Could you write one for her? Smiley party for the best note (as determined by Ally herself.)

Zazopolis

Dear *insert proper name of jail attendant here*

As you know, our dear Ally is, well, a genius.
She had the squirts.

Sincerely,
Ally's Mum

notsosweet

Ally had a severe case of BIC syndrome and was unable to attend classes yesterday. Aside from pins and needles from returning circulation, she will be fine.

Ally's Parents

aka eraser

It's been my habit over the years to give the lads a day off school to come fishing with me in the Spring.

In a flush of inspiration, and fully aware of how PC had infected schools, my first note said: "Please excuse Son #1 from school tomorrow. He and I will be observing Environmental Awareness & Appreciation Day."

I've used that one now for about 12 years and no school official has cocked an eyebrow. I've fessed up to a few individual teachers and they were A-OK with it.

In Ally's case, I'd do something similar. Tell the truth but dress it up a tad. Surely at least her English teacher would be thrilled to know she'd taken on, and completed, such a daunting assignment.

maestrowork

Dear XXX,

Ally was out yesterday to complete a monumental task she set out to do for the month of November: to finish writing 50,000 words on her novel. I'm proud, as her parent, to announce that she's achieved her goal.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ruth
p.s. if you have a problem with that, please contact me directly.

Yeshanu

In Ally's case, I'd do something similar. Tell the truth but dress it up a tad. Surely at least her English teacher would be thrilled to know she'd taken on, and completed, such a daunting assignment.

She's not taking English this semester. We did write a "generic" note -- Ally was absent yesterday with permission, and she said that if anyone questioned it, she would fess up and tell them to call me. But really, I long, in these notes, to write something totally outrageous. Like:

Dear *insert name of jail attendant here*,

Ally was absent from school yesterday because she decided she wanted to actually learn something, and I approve of this outrageous attitude.

Ruth

Now, before all you teachers get hot under the collar, her dad is a teacher, and I'm a professional student who loves school, but we both realize that classroom learning is only one very limited type of learning, which is why our kids never had perfect attendance at school.

<Ruth descends from soapbox...>

macalicious731

Teacher:

As we discovered two days ago, Ally already knows everything. Thus, we decided it was in her best interest not to continue attending school.

However, as we discovered yesterday, it is not in our best interest to have her hanging around the house all day, so we are sending her back to you.

Good luck.

-Parents

I wish they accepted these things in college. |I

maestrowork

Katie, you need notes to skip class in college?

I just did. As long as I did my home work assignments and aced my exams, my professors would care less if I attended class.

Yeshanu

Smiley Party for Katie Mac, then...

The D J's here:

mandanc.gif

I ordered out for some food:

11.gif

And a cake:

Birthday1.gif

And balloons:

BALLOONS.GIF

Thanks for all your input, and congrats for the winning entry, Katie.

macalicious731

Glad I could help.

Ray, one of my classes is small and you only have 3 absences until it's taken off from your grade - unless you have a doctor's note!

Ridiculous.