What song are you listening to

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I really want this to be huge :) Well not huge, but you get the idea...

I am interested to what song you're listening to right now if you are doing so..

Me: Girl, don't go away mad, just go away--Motley Crue

Alana Mortensen

Registered
Reaction score
I am listening to a playlist of Cradle Of Filth songs along with Slipknot and Korn. Slipknot "Before I Forget" and Korn "Coming Undone". COF playlist too many to name. But my favs are "Scorched Earth Erotica", it turns me on too, "From The Cradle To Enslave" and "Nymphetamine", repeated numerous times. I am a metalhead and love black metal.

My stereo systm holds two Sether cds, one Kalmah cd and two Disturbed cds. Just played Seether yesterday and nothing else because I needed to sleep without dreams that night. Don't ask!

Gozzy

Registered
Reaction score
I was being lazy and listening to the 25 most played playlist on my ipod as I was getting crushed on the underground this morning - lots of UK Freakbeat and Mods from the likes of Fleur de Lys, The Creation, The Action. Also a great live version of Voodoo Child (slight reurn) by Jimi Hendrix (Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox line up) and a crazy version of Last Trip to Tulsa by Neil Young (on a CD called rarities).

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
"The Sky Is a Landfill" by Jeff Buckley followed by "Ghost" by Howie Day.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A 1994 bootleg of Soungarden in Sunrise, Fl. At this moment, The Day I Tried to Live is playing. Nice way to start my morning.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Prison Break by TREOS (The Receiving End Of Sirens). They rawk! (the exclamation point and the phoenetic spelling of "rock" lend it credence.)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Was listening to the latest Mur Lafferty I Should Be Writing podcast, so the most recent tune would be the theme song for ISBW. But before that, the most recent tune I listened to was I Need You (That Thing You Do) from the That Thing You Do soundtrack. Not the Wonders 'hit', but the first tune that runs over the end credits of the movie. Great song. :)

Reaction score
Little Brown Jug - Kate Bush.

It reminds me of the journey back from Yorkshire earlier this year and makes me feel a bit weepy.

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Johnny Too Bad - Taj Mahal.

If you must mock, do it in a rep :p

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Was listening to the latest Mur Lafferty I Should Be Writing podcast, so the most recent tune would be the theme song for ISBW. But before that, the most recent tune I listened to was I Need You (That Thing You Do) from the That Thing You Do soundtrack. Not the Wonders 'hit', but the first tune that runs over the end credits of the movie. Great song. :)

It's pronounced oh-need-ers (or oh-ned-ers). Do your research.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com

Oh yeah, and here's a softball trivia question for you. What rock star wrote the actual song That Thing You Do?

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
No! They changed it to The Wonders. It turned out a band in Manitoba used the oh-kneed-ers first. You left out the silent k. Anyway, after a cease and desist order, plus threat of a lawsuit, they changed it to The Wonders.

Do your research :tongue

WarrenP

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this will be funny to many of you if I remember to hop back in here now and then. I listen to lots and lots of very different types of music.

Right now, I'm playing a Frank Sinatra CD. Track 1: I've Got You Under My Skin

The Chairman of the Board was the Man!

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and here's a softball trivia question for you. What rock star wrote the actual song That Thing You Do?

Shot in the dark, but it sounds like Matthew Sweet. Is Matthew a rock star?

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
:(( Not Matthew Sweet? How can I go on? Stacy's mom has got it goin' on

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No guess. It's Chris Collingwood from Fountains of Wayne. Or is it Adam Schlessinger[SUP]1[/SUP]? Anyways, one of them Fountains of Wayne fellers.

ETA: Stacey's mom ... has got it goin' on.... (love that tune too, wicked hooks.)

1 - I did not google and only went to the FOW site to check the spelling of Adam's last name.

Last edited:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
No guess. It's Chris Collingwood from Fountains of Wayne. Or is it Adam Schlessinger[sup]1[/sup]? Anyways, one of them Fountains of Wayne fellers.

ETA: Stacey's mom ... has got it goin' on.... (love that tune too, wicked hooks.)

1 - I only went to the FOW site to check the spelling of Adam's last name.

Yes, it was Schlessinger. Great pull Chunkster! I'd give you rep points, but I think you might have transcended them.