Christian Writer's Conferences

TamaraLynne

Registered
Reaction score
I'm attending the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference at Ridgecrest, NC, beginning this Sunday. Any one else from AW going to be there?
Wish I was :) thats about where I want to make my forever home...my family was from Franklin N.C.

Beautiful beautiful place...a writers home for sure :)

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com

rwhegwood

Registered
Reaction score
The West and East Doxacons will be coming up soon: http://www.doxacon.org

Doxacon is a SFF convention blessed by the Orthodox Church. If you want to go to a SFF convention that is actually blessed by bishops and has vespers using forms that have changed little since the 4th century, has discussions of Sindarin and Klingon,...then this is the place

It's not a writer's convention per se, it's too small, but a number of professional writers from Orthodox and other traditional Christian persuasions are present, and there are a number of professional networking possibilities for writers.

christopherdschmitz

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
can anyone PM me with good suggestions for conferences in the upper midwest? I'm from MN and write genre fiction (think Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy had a child with Kathy Tyers' Firebird which got involved in a love triangle with some Peretti and Tolkien)

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Christopher, there's Write to Publish in Wheaton, IL in May. Many ACFWers, both published and unpublished, attend this one. I met my first agent there (don't ask).

May your work find favor!