Michael Jackson...

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I used to love his music, but now I refuse to support pedophilia.

Such a shame, really. But when he was good(during the 80s) he was amazing!

BoyBlog

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure he did it, I mean.. he did get off :p.

Oh my, that sounds dirty now *_*.

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
Never been a fan of his music.

Events surrounding his personal life, both proven and implied, do little to make me want to like him.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
He was such an amazing tallent. Thriller was a great album (back when we called 'em "albums"), but it was all downhill from there. Tragic, really.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
No doubt it still is a great album. I'm sure I have a copy around somewhere (my LP's are currently unsorted), but I was in my 20's at the time and it just wasn't cool for white guys to like him, so I was a bit of a closet fan. It wasn't a racial thing, because Prince was cool, and he might have become a much bigger legend had he played more lead guitar.

But then it became uncool for ANYONE to like Jack-o. Oops, how do I make myself forget I ever knew that nickname...and where did I learn it? One of those times when I actually watched Entertainment Tonight??? (OMG, this post is full of of uncool stuff I'm admitting to!)

Woops, I googled it, turn down speaker volume or use headphones if at work or have children around. This is one of those flash-animation things:
http://jacko-interview.freeonlinegames.com

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I think my favorite stuff of his was while he was in the Jackson 5, but I liked his 80s stuff as well. And, while it makes me cringe a bit to admit it, I loved Man in the Mirror too. Not one to get caught dancing to. :)
I rarely listen to him now though, as all I end up thinking about is that incredibly disturbing "documentary" from few years back.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
He's a pedophile. He spent lots of money trying to make himself look like a Disney character. Doesn't that about cover it?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great in his prime. Thriller was an incredible album. Billie Jean has to be one of the best R&B tunes of all time.

But I find it difficult listen to him anymore, it just reminds me too much of all the scandals.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Jackson's attorneys would be within their rights to subpoena AW and your ISP for your contact info in their libel lawsuit against you.

:roll: Are you on drugs? There aren't enough attorneys to sue everyone who makes bad remarks about Michael Jackson. I'd be happy to not only provide them with my contact information but to invite them over for an ass whipping. :) It's really sad when people start defending pedophilia. I can't imagine how one gets to such a state.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
It's really sad when people start defending pedophilia. I can't imagine how one gets to such a state.

So you're one of the numbnuts who jump to conclusions like this?

Despite being a poorly informed loose cannon on the political front, I thought you were smarter than this.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
lol....whatever you say. I don't want to trash this persons thread though so if you have some gripe with me take it to pm please or start another thread. I meant to make my remark and move on. I didn't realize anyone didn't realize that Michael is a pedophile.

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one who sees a morbidly hillarious 'Hannibal' link here? I mean, the big difference? Mason Verger needed Hannibal to convince him to cut off his face. Muahaha :ROFL:

There's something wrong with me :eek:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
No doubt it still is a great album. I'm sure I have a copy around somewhere (my LP's are currently unsorted), but I was in my 20's at the time and it just wasn't cool for white guys to like him, so I was a bit of a closet fan. It wasn't a racial thing, because Prince was cool, and he might have become a much bigger legend had he played more lead guitar.

But then it became uncool for ANYONE to like Jack-o. Oops, how do I make myself forget I ever knew that nickname...and where did I learn it? One of those times when I actually watched Entertainment Tonight??? (OMG, this post is full of of uncool stuff I'm admitting to!)

Woops, I googled it, turn down speaker volume or use headphones if at work or have children around. This is one of those flash-animation things:
http://jacko-interview.freeonlinegames.com

Okay, since we're all confessing to our uncool guilty pleasures, which album was better, "Thriller" or "Purple Rain"? Maybe this discussion is on the deleted scenes from the Wedding Singer (just watched it again last week, so I'm still in an 80's tizzy). Personally, I think "Purple Rain" was one of the most brilliant album of the 80's. I think Prince also went downhill from there with the exception of a few great songs, but that album had it all, even if he was creepy. Remember the first time you heard "Darlin' Nikki"?

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
"Purple Rain" might have been good at the time, but who listens to it now?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
"Purple Rain" might have been good at the time, but who listens to it now?

I would venture to guess the members of "The Revolution" while they consider "where did all my money go?" I still hear "When Doves Cry" on the radio pretty frequently, but never hear anything from Thriller. But then again Prince was the top grossing musical act in the world last year (or was it 2005?) while MJ was having his monkeys reposessed. Plus, Prince played electric guitar in the rain at the Super Bowl. That's pretty impressive.

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
:e2thud: I do. It's an awesome album. Holy crap! I still say awesome. OMG, trapped in one of those neverending time thing-a-majiggies. Save me! :e2drown:

Turtle07

U know u wanna cookie...
Registered
Reaction score
Deep within the cryptic puzzle of my mind
I actually heard part of his song once, It was only like a minute or less cuz it was only playing for part of the play. But I loved it anyway! Awesome (which is a...well, awesome word Nolita! Of course, we blame the never-ending thing-a-majiggies whatever they may be ;D .) beat and the lyrics were ok. Why he ruined himself now, I have no idea.

BoyBlog

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, since we're all confessing to our uncool guilty pleasures, which album was better, "Thriller" or "Purple Rain"? Maybe this discussion is on the deleted scenes from the Wedding Singer (just watched it again last week, so I'm still in an 80's tizzy). Personally, I think "Purple Rain" was one of the most brilliant album of the 80's. I think Prince also went downhill from there with the exception of a few great songs, but that album had it all, even if he was creepy. Remember the first time you heard "Darlin' Nikki"?

Now, see.. This is unfair!

Thriller is better when you need to dance or get pumped up. Purple Rain is better when you need some guitar in your life, or when you're feeling sexy ;). The ladies love Purple Rain :D. "This is what it sounds like, when doves cry.. OW!!!"

Reaction score
Am I wrong for liking Diamonds and Pearls?

It was the very first album I bought myself - and it was in cassette tape format, that's how long ago it was...

I've also got Squiggly Symbol Thingy...yeah, the one with Sexy Motherfucker on it. The Black Album, Come (filthy!) and a few others.

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
No! I meant I still listen to Purple Rain. Hey but Diamonds and Pearls is good too. One of the best CD booklets ever(with the nifty hologram).

Prince didn't screw himself up. He's still incredible, can still write, play, and sing, whoa baby. Now to admit, I get a perverse little vicarious thrill. Two, too cool for school, rock stars, have recently settled for Prince's sloppy seconds. It's adding to the proof, Prince is the coolest guy in the world.