The Last Sanjaya Thread Ever

blackbird

Registered
Reaction score
I said I wouldn't talk about him anymore, but I saw this and had to share.

no wonder he always seemed so happy.....

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/...ar-family-has-marijuana-farming-past-5086.php

Yes. And? He was a kid when that happened; he couldn't control what his parents did (anymore than I can help or control the fact that my dad's in prison. It doesn't change who I am as an individual or make me any less than). Sanjaya had a tough life growing up; divorced parents; father left him at age 3; mom raising two kids on less than $500 a month; dad couldn't afford to pay child support; a stepdad he loved dearly, only to lose to cancer very shortly after his mom's marriage.

I know this is an old thread. I've been away from Absolute Write for three months, though, so tonight I came back and discovered this new feature of the forum, and was curious to see what others had written about Sanjaya because he was my favorite Idol contestant this season.

If the whole truth had come out about his upbringing, he definitely would have been the Kelli Pickler of this season's Idol. But he didnt want that for himself and so chose to remain quiet and to keep his family out of the spotlight. Well, maybe there were reasons for that. However, I've met them and can vouch that they are wonderful people, mom included. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do in this world to get by.

But making light of this kid's upbringing, or to say, well, no wonder he always seemed so happy, is just wrong IMO.

Sorry for the rant; like I said, I know it's an old thread. But I just wanted to get that off my chest.