If a teen boy could do anything he wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
This is a question for all you guys. In writing a story that involves magic, I have a teen MC who has a p-t job (to pay for his car, games, etc.--yes, his parents taught him responsibility) and inherits a godlike magic which manifests at the start of his senior year. It allows him to do just about anything he can will to happen (of course he has to learn how to use this power).

My question to you guys is this...If you could make anything happen when you were/are a senior in high school, what would you want to do?

You can PM me your answers or post them here.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm guessing it would have something to do with Britney Spears and a stick of rhubarb.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
See, all three responses so far have to do with sex. If you want a truly accurate representation of what teenage boys want, then the next ten replies will need to be about sex, too. Then maybe a fast car. But a fast car is pretty much about getting sex, so... :Shrug:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a guy, but our son was that age not all that long ago. His choices would have been sex with the chosen girl(s) (not the cheerleaders but the dark edgy types, the goths and punks, etc.) and to be a rock god as lead guitarist and lead singer, with admission to the right college a distant third.

He didn't care about hot cars at all, and still doesn't.

Maryn, whose little boy grew up

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Success at some sport might get in there too, but I agree girls would feature highly

Elektra

Don't Call Me Sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but isn't the wish for hot cars/sport prowess really just another way to get girls?

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
Well, start it off by analyzing what's happening to him.
Physiologically, you're going through these major rushes of testosterone, you find yourself strangely aroused by anything with a pulse, you've got hair and zits all over the place, you find yourself strangely aroused by anything with a pulse, you have a mass of insecurities, you find yourself strangely aroused by anything with a pulse, you've probably just gotten into a gawky growth stage, and you find yourself strangely aroused by anything with a pulse.

I don't really think I missed anything there.

Last edited:

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Certainly for me it would have been the unrivaled admiration of all the sweet old ladies at church. That was my dream in high school. And if magic could make it happen, then so be it.

Oh, and my hot English teacher'd have been walking bull-legged for a week.

A-hem.

wyzguy

Coprocephalic, at times.
Registered
Reaction score
In a distant and second-hand set of dimensions, in
I think I would have wanted to try some outrageously HUGE test of my power. Moving a pyramid to Wyoming or something like that. If I could do that, then I knew I would be ready for the ultimate challenge: convincing a girl I was cool.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Being a teenager, I'd still like a hover car. And I'd be kidding myself if sex wasn't far from my mind, but lets just assume the sex is taken care off. After, before and possibly during the sex, I'd enjoy:

A better computer. A magically better computer!
To lose weight and get mucles without having to work at it.
To be able to fly without mechanical intervention.
And, finnaly, to have a holodeck.

Come on...who dosn't want a holodeck every once and a while?

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Ooh, also! I always wanted to be able to make people piss their pants and puke (and a variety of other, erm, bodily functions) by just pointing at them, if that helps at all.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Make a border collie speak english.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just guess the real question is not WHAT would he do, but WHO would he do.

Just my .02.

Nyna

Registered
Reaction score
My little brother's about that age. The idea of him with endless power will probably give me nightmares -- and he's a good kid, really.

He'd probably tend towards: Sex. Concert tickets. A cool car. The ability to drive. More sex. Drugs. Alcohol. More concert tickets. More sex. Good grades -- without having to ever actually go to class. For my parents to never give him shit about anything. To get out of summer school. A lot of money. And then, uh, more sex, drugs, and concert tickets.

It's not really a very complicated life he leads.

...Actually, while he would probably go for all of that first, he would then undoubtedly want to step in and help out my mother and stepfather with their legal troubles, my father with his relationship troubles, all of us with any financial troubles, my sister with her dental troubles... I can't imagine, even with ultimate power, he would do a good job of helping out, but he would certainly try. It would be like a really hilarious 'Emma.'

As for me at that age, I probably wouldn't have noticed. I wasn't a very cool teenager.

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
Okay, so anything specific (other than sex) would deal with seeing girls naked, like being able to be invisible in the girl's lockerroom, for instance?

I think I see where these answers are going...Uh, huh. Yup. And you guys don't really change much as you get older, do you ? ;) Just fewer zits and more freedom to get sex? :tongue

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Oh if I had godlike powers, I'd want to try out being a girl for a bit. I've always wondered what it was like :D

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a teenage son...

Yes, he'd go for the obvious. He'd also like to be "really ripped", or so he tells me. I think this just links right back in to that whole "sex" thing. He'd also be "a basketball god", have the best game system *evah*, win the lotto, and, yeah, get a "sweet" car.

In the end, I think his goals would be 1) admiration 2) sex 3) not to have to do any real work and 4) amusement....but not necessarily in that order.

I'm so glad he's not all powerful! He'd be insufferable...

Elektra

Don't Call Me Sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
Oh if I had godlike powers, I'd want to try out being a girl for a bit. I've always wondered what it was like :D

From the sound of this thread, I'd think it would be a relief just to not have to think about sex all the time. Honestly, doesn't it get boring after a while?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Cars

Yes, but isn't the wish for hot cars/sport prowess really just another way to get girls?

And a way to have fun and be popular with the guys. Cars and sports are fun, even if you don't get the girls, and sometimes girls are no more than bragging rights with the guys.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
From the sound of this thread, I'd think it would be a relief just to not have to think about sex all the time. Honestly, doesn't it get boring after a while?

Nah, I'd just try it from the other way, then switch back. Or stick around, depending on how much fun it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.