Do you love slobbery beasts, too?

RoseReifsnyder

Hi everyone,

I introduced myself on the newbie forum, but wanted to say "hi!" here, too. My name is Rose, and I am Howard's faithful servant. Howard is a ten-year-old basset hound. In other words, he is a sweet, slobbery beast!

Many of my personal essays about him are circulating out there in editor land, and one is slated for publication in March.

Nice to meet you!

Rose

awatkins

Hi Rose and Howard!

Congrats on the sale! Where will it be published?

RoseReifsnyder

Hi Anne,

It'll be in Fido Friendly, The Travel Magazine for You and Your Dog.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. It was originally supposed to run in December!

Rose

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
Fido

Cute name--fido friendly!

Don't worry, things get bumped all the time--I have an article that is still getting bumped--I have already been paid for it and it will be 2 years in May . . .

Heh--crazy huh?
I have been bumped a lot--it shouldn't worry you.
Cate

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes

I love slobbery beasts. I've got a 6 month old border collie. Right now he's looking around for things he's not allowed to eat, with the intention of eating them.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I have my embarrassing mixed-breed, Pippin. He moved into my jeep and wouldn't get out, so his family "gave" him to me.

Ohhh the stories I could tell. I have a friend who swears he's a human soul, trapped in a dog body, and pissed about it.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
me said:
Right now he's looking around for things he's not allowed to eat, with the intention of eating them.
He found something...
dog3.jpg

I've now got nowhere to sit.
furious3.gif

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Oh, no! The dog is eating the chair! Now I don't feel so bad about the beak marks all over the place here. :ROFL: Now, the parrot poop, well, that's another story.

Cute picture. :)

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
heh

You guys are hillarious!
I have gnawed furniture to show for my dogs puppyhood!

There is a lot of writing material in all of this!

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
Ohhh the stories I could tell. I have a friend who swears he's a human soul, trapped in a dog body, and pissed about it.

I'm convinced my hound was Mother Theresa in a former life - came back as Howard, the most spoiled dog in the world!

Rose

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Cate said:
Don't worry, things get bumped all the time--I have an article that is still getting bumped--I have already been paid for it and it will be 2 years in May . . .

Are you kidding? You have an article that's been in bump mode for two years? Incredible.

Rose

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
heh

No joke I am afraid . . .
Not common, but it can happen.
It is for a big mag too!
Your doggie is sooooooooooo cute!

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Oh thanks, Cate, for saying Howard is cute. It's always best to do that BEFORE he shakes drool all over you!

So, is that bump-mode article for a big mag going to be published someday? Would the editor tell you if she decided not to ever run it? Since you've been paid, the $$ issue, I suppose, is the inability to resell it until after she's printed it.

Rose

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
pubbed

It should be published one day. The reason I want it so bad is for the clip--it is the biggest name mag I have ever been accepted by!
The editor and I keep in touch every 4 mos or so--he is terrific.

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
I love that dog.

:banana: I love that dog already and yes I have a big slobbery dog and a little one that just worships the ground he walks on I will have to try to post a picture of them but I do have a site with their picture. I find that my best work is writing about animals and have recieved a lot of good reviews.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Oh boy! This is the bomb! A writing board with an animal/dog forum! I have two slobbery beasts. I have a Doberman and Rottweiler. And hopefully another Dobe will be coming home soon. I've never written about them. Well, not anything I'd consider submitting. I have written articles for the rescue where I adopted my
dogs from just as volunteer work, though. But this thread has given me a couple ideas. Cool!

Thanks!

celeste

Last edited:

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Celeste said:
Well, not anything I'd consider submitting. I have written articles for the rescue where I adopted my
dogs from just as volunteer work, though. But this thread has given me a couple ideas. Cool!
Maybe we should start a Slobbery Beast club! Keep us posted if you submit dog articles. I think your volunteer experience could open some doors at Dog Fancy...they often have articles about shelters, and the back page essays seem to like tales of rescued animals.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe we should start a Slobbery Beast club! Keep us posted if you submit dog articles. I think your volunteer experience could open some doors at Dog Fancy...they often have articles about shelters, and the back page essays seem to like tales of rescued animals.

Yeah! A 'Slobbery Beast' club! I can talk about my beasts for hours! I loooove them so much! They're the best!

I think I just might look into that. There's so many tales I could tell/write about rescue animals. Thanks!

celeste