• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Packager] Alloy Entertainment (Les Morgenstein)

BlossomQueen

Playing the Waiting Game
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone submitted to them recently? I submitted a query + 3 a few weeks ago and I've been wondering about turn-around time.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Not recently, but a few months back someone from Alloy tapped me during a Twitter pitch thingy and I duly sent off my stuff. Never heard back. Followed up but never got any kind of response. So either I ended up in a spam folder, or . . . :Shrug:

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a series published with their Powered by Amazon imprint. They're legit, but I believe they're closed to submissions now. Not sure how their submissions process works since they contacted me last year and that's how I got my book deal. I've had a great experience working with them, for what it's worth.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Anyone know if they're open to submissions or how to submit? Annie Stone has a #MSWL page and sounds like she's open to submissions but the website link sends me to a white page with a "alloy Entertainment" icon in the center and nothing else. Nothing to click at all. So I'm not sure if it's technical difficulty or it's just a holder and their website doesn't take you anywhere.

Edit: Oh! Hmm her twitter now says formerly with Alloy Entertainment.

But then there's a generic Alloy twitter page that shares a submissions email ( [email protected]) but no instructions.

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know if they're open to submissions or how to submit? Annie Stone has a #MSWL page and sounds like she's open to submissions but the website link sends me to a white page with a "alloy Entertainment" icon in the center and nothing else. Nothing to click at all. So I'm not sure if it's technical difficulty or it's just a holder and their website doesn't take you anywhere.

Edit: Oh! Hmm her twitter now says formerly with Alloy Entertainment.

But then there's a generic Alloy twitter page that shares a submissions email ( [email protected]) but no instructions.

You're probably already aware of this, but for other AWers who might come along, keep in mind that packagers aren't looking for specific manuscripts, just good writers they can hire to bring their own concepts to life. Some packagers do take unrelated samples, but when they're looking for a specific writer for a specific project they're working on, they usually give you some preliminary materials and have you create a three-chapter sample (or whatever). I think they tend to find writers to audition through agents and publishers they've worked with before, so if you're interested in working with a packager, it would probably be a good idea to let your agent and/or editor know so they can help you keep an eye out for opportunities.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, they stripped their site of everything but logo and contact info in Jan '17, and dropped the info by April.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious about this company. I have tried to go to their website on many different devices, but all that comes up, is their logo. Checked Wikipedia, but it wasn’t much help. So now I come to you good people and ask if you can find out if this company is even still in business.

Bergerac

Reading & Writing
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I was curious about this company. I have tried to go to their website on many different devices, but all that comes up, is their logo. Checked Wikipedia, but it wasn’t much help. So now I come to you good people and ask if you can find out if this company is even still in business.

I have no knowledge of Alloy Entertainment, particularly Leslie Morgenstein the C.E.O., having anything to do with publishing or with novels that haven't yet been published. They are definitely not a literary agency. They are a very active production company, particularly in terms of television but features also. They, like many production companies, occasionally option published books (or unpublished books with a buzz) for adaptation to the screen but they don't ferry books to publishers.

Now, they may have done so at one time but I have some current working knowledge of them, and they are completely focused on screen-television project development.

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
I believe Bergerac is correct. I may be wrong about this, but the last "packaged" book I've heard of them doing was published years ago, and I don't think it sold very well. I remember this because one of their editors went to my college, and I set up a networking meeting with him. He asked my if I was interested in submitting some samples to write this book, but I declined because it wasn't my cup of tea (superheroes, etc.).