Doctor Who (may contain SPOILERS for current episodes)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I was disappointed by the season finale. An element reminded me of The Stolen Earth/Journey's End, which the Doctor then referenced, but it didn't have the epic feel of that one.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Honestly, I enjoyed the season. Chibnall's bought some goodwill for me for next season (even if I felt the stories he specifically wrote were the weakest of the bunch -- lookin' at YOU, "Arachnids"...)

Now I want to see a longer season -- one with multi-parters and classic characters/villains (even lesser known ones) making a return. Heck, Kate Stewart would be fascinating to have back too -- especially to see her interact with Thirteen.

Salon weighs in on the season

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Kate Stewart! For that matter, her father, who started out a bit ambivalent about the Doctor, just for being a rather odd civilian. Sadly, he is no longer with us.
Or, the Rani, who was only in a couple of episodes, so new territory, so to speak. And, then she was a female, facing off against male Timelords - the Doctor and the Master. Maybe now she's a male? Or, light and dark, the Time Lords meet.

For that matter, the Master is supposed to be dead, in the same way that the Doctor was supposed to have only a set number of regenerations. :Shrug:Life will find a way. - Sorry, wrong franchise.:)

Last edited:

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Heck, technically, we never saw Simm regenerate into Gomez, so we could have ANY number of Masters in between the two...

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Although, until the end, I wondered if we were going to end up with the most crowded Tardis evah. Not that you can really 'crowd' a transdimensional box, but still...

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I enjoyed the New Years Special a lot. It was a nice change in tone to the usual, and the chilled out 'everyone on Earth is hungover' feeling was good fun.