The Swastika Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
Mac,

Playing follow-the-leader and adopting the swastika on your signature line, irrespective of the myriad of explanations, is a blatant attempt to annoy certain people who you dislike. It is your forum and you can do with it as you wish, but you are degrading the good name of AW in your quest for revenge.

Don’t even attempt to say this has anything to do with freedom of speech; you have too many posts that prove otherwise. And to all the sheep that will just silent follow along, I pity you all.

Hurry, delete this post and ban me before anyone sees this!

Cav Guy

Living in the backstory
Registered
Reaction score
Mac,

Playing follow-the-leader and adopting the swastika on your signature line, irrespective of the myriad of explanations, is a blatant attempt to annoy certain people who you dislike. It is your forum and you can do with it as you wish, but you are degrading the good name of AW in your quest for revenge.

Don’t even attempt to say this has anything to do with freedom of speech; you have too many posts that prove otherwise. And to all the sheep that will just silent follow along, I pity you all.

Yawn.

Sorry...had to do it. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Nice changes, BTW.:) I like the new organization quite a bit.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Mac,

No, you don't get it. She is the leader.

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
No, you don't get it. She is the leader.
No, you don’t get it. She was not the first to post the Swastika/Hindu/Buddhist symbol, which I see is now being picked up by a few others. Kind of like the gopher cult, except with swastikas.

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
No, you don’t get it. She was not the first to post the Swastika/Hindu/Buddhist symbol, which I see is now being picked up by a few others. Kind of like the gopher cult, except with swastikas.
No I do get it you dipshit. Jesus, I can't even get along with the people that I agree with. Look at the first sentence in your first friggin post and then use your imagination.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Manners, please. Someday your children may read this.

-Derek

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Manners, please. Someday your children may read this.

-Derek
Then I take it Mr. Haskins will not be appearing in this thread? :)

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
No I do get it you dipshit. Jesus, I can't even get along with the people that I agree with. Look at the first sentence in your first friggin post and then use your imagination.
Excellent reply, resorting to name-calling is always a great opening line.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com

Sorry, kiddo, the swastika was a worldwide symbol before the Nazi's got a hold of it. I think your complaint needs to reach a little further than just this set of boards.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

Do you have a problem with the Hindu/Buddhist symbol?

Are you trying to offend Hindis and Buddhists?

I told you to get your fight out of here. This is not the time and place. Do you have any manners? If you have a problem, start your own thread.

How rude.

Here, for your enjoyment:

200px-HinduSwastika.svg.png

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent reply, resorting to name-calling is always a great opening line.
As is attacking the owner of the site with your first freakin post. I might add.

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have a problem with the Hindu/Buddhist symbol?

Are you trying to offend Hindis and Buddhists?

I told you to get your fight out of here. This is not the time and place. Do you have any manners? If you have a problem, start your own thread.

How rude.

Here, for your enjoyment:

200px-HinduSwastika.svg.png
Any placew she posts is the time and/or the place ... if she's gonna put that in her sig. I'm sorry. I don't buy the "they stole it so we're stealing it back" crap. It offends people, and I would expect the owner fo the g.d. site to respect that. I'm going to follow Birol's orders starting now... :)

Robert Toy

Registered
Reaction score
Ray,

Pssst…Your ignorance is sticking out. Taunting is a baby’s game, the symbol has been stained by the blood of millions of human beings, and you can’t rehabilitate it on a Western forum site! You are just pissing people off, you know it and you are continuing to be vicious and petty.

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Now that we have a pop culture board, all I need now to be content is someone to give me a World Studies board of some sort, in which I can have my Science Fact forum, a World History forum, a Sociology & Mythology forum....

Well, I can dream. :)
Usually when a thread goes off course you are leading the charge ... and joking about it. Come on Pete. :)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Usually when a thread goes off course you are leading the charge ... and joking about it. Come on Pete. :)

Sorry. Humor's got it's place. I'm fond of it, but it's not the end-all be-all, though I occasionally grow concerned that it's what people expect from me around here... :)

(anyway, it was a Very Silly Indeed off-topic discussion that wasn't worth following)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
swas.jpg

Crosses were burned on people lawns--but it was the fault of the bigot, not the symbol. I prefer to celebrate the world's great cultures and religions--all of them. People who honor this ancient symbol don't piss me off, only those who collude with Nazis in desecrating it.

Last edited:

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Alright ... before anything else happens, lets all place bets on how long this thread lasts before it gets locked. I'm thinking it won't make it past midnight tonight.

skelly

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
swas.jpg

Crosses were burned on people lawns--but it was the fault of the bigot, not the symbol.
Nobody is saying that Hitler invented the swastika. Some people are saying (and I am one of them) that since 30 million people were slaughtered under that symbol, as misused by the Nazis, it just MIGHT be a bit offensive. And honestly .... is this message board the place to launch your "swastikas rock" campaign? Seriously?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
And this is not a "western" board, by the way. Members from all over the world, of all cultures and faiths, gather here. Don't forget that.

And Skelly, we understand why some people might be offended by the symbol because of the Nazis. But it's also offensive to ask someone to take down a peace symbol (if you look closely, the Nazi swastika is different than the peace symbol) or to imply that those of us who use the symbols are hate-mongers or endorse the holocaust or whatever. The symbol is used in Buddhist temples everywhere, even in the US. We're not going to tell them to take the symbols down, are we?

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Yes, because this thread is about telling one of our members that he can't use his sacred symbol. I am willing to be part of the nasty campaign to support his freedom of religion. The Star of David is often mistaken, by the ignorant, for a Satanist pentacle but that isn't a good reason to censor it or suggest people should be too ashamed to display it.

Last edited:

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Actually, it's not a swastika. It's a Buddhism/Hinduism sign. I also think you're an ignorant, petulant little piss-ant (though pretty ballsy) for posting an entire thread for something like this. Mac is a very nice lady, and wouldn't go out of her way to offend someone using a symbol.

Try to do your research before attacking people.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
It has symbolic meaning? I thought she was looking for a part for her rototiller.

Status
Not open for further replies.